Leads a diverse team of Solutions Architects and Solutions Engineers. Directs operational strategy, development, operational support and solutions architecture for core services, edge solutions and business priorities. Partners with the Director of Enterprise Architecture to set direction concerning public cloud strategy, service enablement, serverless architectures, infrastructure as code, and CICD. The solutions architecture team will also be responsible for driving strategy around operations as code, data distribution and visualization (metrics), software development life cycle strategy and automation.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, or Characteristics:
- Should have at least 5 years significant experience setting strategy within the domain of solutions architecture, public cloud, and software development life cycle.
- Experience influencing a team of engineers while aligning with industry trends, services and best practice.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with public cloud services, serverless architecture, and partnering with application development teams.
- Must have implemented successful solutions to a wide variety of challenges in application architecture, design and coding, functionality and usability, and optimization.
Helpful / Preferred
- Effective verbal communication skills to technical audiences. Be able to effectively communicate technical concepts while partnering with software and platform engineers.
- Effective writing skills for both specification development, team communication, and technical planning for complex deployments
- Extensive Knowledge of Java, Ruby, and other high-level languages
- Experienced developing project plans and managing teams to deliver projects
- Knowledge and understanding of multiple development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, etc.)
- Managing teams and projects across large volumes of code
- Knowledge and understanding of continuous integration and test cycles
- Generalizing application logic, architecture, and schemas to support multiple complex application requirements
- Effective and accurate software change / enhancement estimation
Physical and Mental Requirements
Job is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
Job requires a very high level of judgment, exceptional analytical ability and creativity in investigating major problems that require original and highly innovative solutions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Some travel may be involved for both training and customer facing issues.