At SnapRoute we are bringing whitebox and disaggregated networking into the Cloud Native era – both technically and financially. This level of disruption requires us to be creative in all aspects of our business – especially those that are customer facing. To that end, we place a high value on our user experience – producing high quality documentation is the corner stone of customer success. The docs are the first place a user goes when getting started with a product and the last stop before reaching out for support. Having great docs allows customers to get going quicker with less reliance on support, resulting in a higher level of satisfaction.
Our high regard for documentation and those who produce it gives us a unique environment to offer a Senior Technical Writer here at SnapRoute. We treat technical writers as first class members of the team, who are actively engaged and part of the development process. Not only do our doc writers have early access to each release – they build out real world experience with the ability to test new features and functionality directly on lab hardware. Additionally, our technical writers collaborate closely with some of the Valley’s brightest networking and Cloud Native software engineers – picking up valuable skills and experience.
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit customer facing system configuration documentation
- Create CLI/kubectl configuration examples for a micro- services based Network Operating System
- Research and write release notes.
- Review and edit documentation submitted by Engineering, QA, Product Management, and Marketing for consistency, grammar, and style
- Research and write Technical Notes as required
- Manage multiple documentation projects
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of 5 years technical writing experience for the switch or Network Operating System (NOS) group of a networking company like CISCO, Arista, Juniper, HP
- Minimum of 2 years experience creating CLI/API documentation for a developer/DevOps audience
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to work cross functionally with Engineering, QA, Product Management, Marketing and Sales
- Ability to work with developers in geographically distributed areas
- Ability to read and interpret source code
- Hands-on experience with loading and configuring switching, routing products to validate product documentation
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience creating Python scripts and text formatting using JINJA templates
- Adobe Illustrator (or similar)