Aporeto is a VC-backed startup in the area of cloud native security. We offer a Zero Trust security solution for cloud, containers and microservices allowing companies to achieve granular application segmentation. The Aporeto platform protects cloud applications from attack by authenticating and authorizing all communications with a cryptographically signed identity assigned to every workload.
To date, Aporeto has raised over $34M from world-class and strategic investors like Norwest Ventures, Wing Ventures, and Comcast Ventures.
Who We Are
We are passionate about drawing on diverse experiences, creative thought, and unintuitive approaches to create value for our customers and blaze a new path in our industry. Our “no bullshit” motto speaks to our directness and honesty, and our work towards building trusted relationships with people and between applications.
We promote growth by encouraging cross-team knowledge and lowering barriers of technical entry. We use GoLang in our test infrastructure and product which continues to generate cross-team participation. If you think you know how to fix an issue in the product or a feature we should consider, please open a pull request or discussion!
About the Role
Aporeto is growing quickly and we're looking for an exceptional Software Development Engineer in Test to join the team in San Jose. You will be exposed to our CI/CD pipeline, tooling and release cycle. As a part of the core team, you will be helping with designing and expanding the test infrastructure and test suites. As nearly all our testing (unit, integration, functional, and UI) is automated and will continue to be, coding is essential to this role.
- Work with developers to understand requirements and contribute towards improving feature functionality.
- Define and execute test plans to validate feature functionalities and automate all test cases.
- Debug issues found during testing and verify once they are resolved.
- Leverage docker and kubernetes through automation to build and setup test environment and run test cases.
- Interact and utilize cloud technologies through tooling and SDK to be used within test infrastructure and test cases.
- Excellent coding object-oriented programming skills (we use GoLang but you may have used C#, Java, Perl, or Python); advanced scripting skills
- 2- 6 years of related experience in a SDET or software engineering role
- Experience working with modern cloud technologies a must (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Knowledge of QA methodology and test automation tools
- Experience with Unix/Linux OS
- Comfortable with Agile methodologies and working in small teams
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in computer-related discipline
- Experience in testing container technologies (docker, kubernetes) preferable
- Experience coding in GoLang
- Prior startup experience
- UI testing experience