Aporeto seeks a senior software engineer with a strong background in Linux Systems programming who will be building system services for the Aporeto's software agent that runs inside application workloads to enforce security policies as governed by the Aporeto security product.
As an ideal candidate, you are highly skilled at solving problems, are motivated and self-driven, and ready to work with a small, senior, strong team of engineers in a quickly growing company.
Problems you'll work on:
- This role primarily focuses on building a host-based agent which will act as a probe for collecting data for analytics and reporting as well as enforcing policies.
- Your code will be used in a lean agent that delivers security by building on proven, pre-existing mechanisms inside Unix operating systems in order to minimize its footprint.
- You will bring expertise in building system services combined with extensive Unix platform knowledge that can be leveraged to build innovative solutions.
- Your code will be helping to secure our customers most critical systems and applications.
- You will design features for the Aporeto Enforcer agent, from concept, design, development to release and support.
What you bring:
- Extensive experience in Linux Systems programming using Golang or C/C++
- Working familiarity with containers (ie. related to cgroups, linux process namespaces...etc.)
- Working knowledge of networking fundamentals (L2-L7)
- Experience developing multi-threaded and multi-process applications
- Solid experience with high performance and scalable systems
- Source control such as Git/CVS/Perforce
- Understanding of Virtualization technologies such as Xen, KVM or other hypervisor
- Understanding of modern cloud technologies such as Docker
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Experience with working on AWS/AZURE/GCP
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Strong understanding of the IPFilter and IPTables open-source firewalls
- Familiarity with eBPF/XDP/DPDK