About the company
An initiative that started in 2014 with just a few restaurants on board limited to Koramangala in Bangalore, Swiggy is now India’s leading food ordering and delivery platform. We recently received our series H round of funding and were able to raise an astounding $1 Billion. We have grown beyond our wildest imaginations. Starting off with just 2 neighbourhoods in Bangalore, we are now present in over 70 locations PAN India and are only looking to grow further. More than 50,000 restaurant partners leverage Swiggy to reach new customers and increase their sales. All of this has been made possible only because of our motivated work force nearing 5000+ employees that run the show from start to finish. Every order delivered by Swiggy’s fleet of over 1,20,000 Delivery Executives, the largest in India, ensures a host of customer-centric features, while ensuring we provide unparalleled convenience for our customers.
In this role, you are responsible for ensuring the area targets are achieved, in alignment with company sales policies. The sales managers in your team are responsible for building business by identifying prospective restaurants (partners), creating a strong clientele and practicing excellent client relationship management for sustainable business success. To be successful in this role, you must be able to drive qualitative performance within the team of sales managers and ensure high level of partner satisfaction and business success.
Essential Job Tasks
· Manage day-to-day operations of the sales team and help ease any operational road blocks for the team;
· You must achieve the financial and non-financial goals in your assigned area through new client acquisition and up-selling by leading and motivating your team of sales managers, providing expert advice to the team on our product as well as during partner escalations, and assisting them in dealing with the restaurants, real time, on a need basis.
· Brief the team daily on changes and issues that affect partners/team or ensure that they have access to this information;
· Support your team in their efforts to meet monthly revenue targets and close new business deals by coordinating the requirements, negotiating contracts, and integrating partner needs with business operations;
· Ensure that the sales leads generated through CRM, pipeline and other processes are effectively utilized by sales managers to approach restaurants and get them to on-board as our partners;
· Maintain strong relationship with restaurant owners and advise them on issues related to the market and offer solutions on the same;
· Work closely with the partners to understand their pain points, and effectively link Swiggy features and benefits to their needs to help promote sales;
· Reach out to partners frequently to create suitable offers for increasing customer base, and create more visibility for the restaurant on our platform;
· Review industry trends and client feedback continuously to anticipate future market needs, and provide accurate information to all stakeholders;
· Ensure the sales team members are clear on the performance expectations; Monitor the team and provide timely, accurate and effective feedback regarding their job performance.
· Keep them motivated to perform on deliverable;
· Ensure that your team is sufficiently engaged and assist in the execution of employee retention plan;
· Work together with the sales managers in creating a personal development plan that includes training (directed towards acquiring specific skill sets) and education (directed at long term aspirations of the executive);
· Work towards building a team based culture and encourage a collaborative workplace; Encourage and implement best practices across the team
· Provide support for promotional events/marketing activities to develop new contacts and increase user base;
· You must ensure that your team takes ownership of the after-sales service processes jointly with vendor management, finance, operations and marketing functions, and maintain positive work relationships with all these teams within the business;
· Streamline as well as adhere to processes and systems and provide inputs to senior management on maximizing business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish;
· Maintain accurate and updated knowledge of all Swiggy’ s processes and systems; Keep in touch with restaurants and processes for stipulated amount of time every month;
· You are also responsible for training new recruits, especially sales managers, and mentoring them;
· Keep partner satisfaction at the core of every touch point with the partner;
· Should abide to company policies and processes, and display Swiggy’ s core values in all interactions with the partners;
Desired Skills and Experience
· Graduate with 4 years or post graduate with 3 years of experience in Business Development,Sales or Account Management
· Ability to develop, own and build a strategic plan to ensure the best restaurants partner with us;
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; Knowledge of English, Hindi and the local language is a must;
· Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills; Extremely comfortable with MS Office;
· Confident, pleasing, result oriented individual; Attention to detail and ability to critically think through and resolve problems;
· Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills, in order to work with multiple stakeholders;
· Good knowledge about the food and beverage industry;
· Passion to deliver a positive customer experience; Ability to maintain composure in difficult situations
· You must be able to build strong client relationships and professionally manage internal and external stakeholders, with an ability to prioritize time, ability to push-back and a sense of urgency, while providing amazing and memorable customer service.
· You must be able to identify opportunities and recommend/influence change to increase effectiveness and success on campaigns;
· Demonstrate creativity and originality in your work coupled with personal drive and initiative to bring about change that helps drive business forward;
· Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize in order to meet daily, weekly, and long-term requirements and goals;
· Sensitivity to the organization’s goals and values and the ability to relay them internally with the team, and externally with the partners