Summary of Position: As a talented senior designer leading visual design for VisitPay’s healthcare payment software application, the Senior Visual Designer will use software, data and analytics to transform how hospitals help patients manage their healthcare expenses.
The Senior Visual Designer will do their best work while collaborating with engineering, product, research, data and marketing. He/She should be comfortable being a generalist, including a skill set that spans all visual design mediums. While most work will be digital/ web design, some work will also involve multi-media marketing and consumer contact. This individual will distill complex problems into thoughtful, elegant, and holistic user experiences.
- Work with product, UX research, marketing and client services to quickly understand complex problems and develop design solutions that translate into elegant user experiences.
- Design user flows, screens and interactions.
- Thrive on translating complex problems and business requirements into high-quality, meaningful and engaging experiences.
- Develop and expand our design system to create a more unified experience.
- Be the voice of the user by supporting systems and processes that promote user-centered design practices.
- Clearly articulate and present concepts to senior leadership.
- Work with research to design and produce prototypes for usability testing.
- Support sales and marketing by creating memorable product demos.
Competencies for success:
- A desire to stay apprised of design trends, visual treatments and design patterns.
- A love of developing and managing design systems and working with the latest and greatest tools in prototyping
- A knack for solving complex problems with simple solutions and an awareness of the market need.
- An obsession for detail and an eye for sophisticated visual design
- A self-starter who thrives on ambiguity
- A portfolio that demonstrates an ability to solve complex problems.
- Mastery of design and prototyping tools (Sketch, InVision, Adobe CC).
- Proven track record and a passion for designing compelling software user experiences.
- Experience working collaboratively with cross functional teams.
- An advocate for user-centered design.
- An eagerness to learn and grow with VisitPay.
- 2-5+ years of experience in multi-medium visual design.
- This position is based in Boise, ID.
- Sponsorship is not provided.
VisitPay is a well-funded start-up in a $400B growing market. We are a nationally focused company working closing with some of the nation’s largest and most well-respected health systems to provide innovative and compelling SaaS-based products. We are poised to capture significant share in the massive and growing self-pay market. Our solutions help healthcare systems optimize their revenue while providing patients with much improved and friendly billing experience.
Located in beautiful Boise, Idaho, you will have the opportunity to work with an exceptional leadership team who has significant experience building companies in consumer finance, software and analytics, and enjoy a competitive salary, benefits and equity appreciation rights, as well as a work/life balance suited to enjoy the beautiful landscape Idaho provides.