Our mission is to be the catalyst for massive, measurable, data-informed healthcare improvement through:
Data: integrate data in a flexible, open & scalable platform to power healthcare’s digital transformation
Analytics: deliver analytic applications & services that generate insight on how to measurably improve
Expertise: provide clinical, financial & operational experts who enable & accelerate improvement
Engagement: attract, develop and retain world-class team members by being a best place to work
We are seeking candidates with broad proficient experience with multiple toolsets in a commercial product environment. The successful candidate will also be eager and willing to learn new technologies as they emerge.
- Soft Skills & Important Traits
- Communication skills - Articulate speaker
- Professional focus and drive
- Passionate about the application of technology to solve real world problems
- Commercial Software Development Experience
- Working knowledge of source code management systems (TFS, SVN, Git, etc.)
- Working knowledge of modern integrated development environments (IDEs like Visual Studio, Eclipse, Xcode, etc.)
- Agile/Scrum software development practices
- Worked in a for-profit corporation or start-up as a software developer
- Programming Skills
- Knows and has worked in multiple, object oriented programming languages
- C#, C++, Java, Swift, Objective C,
- Is curious and capable of learning new languages rapidly
- Knows and has worked in web technologies
- Web Technologies: CSS, JSON, JWT, OAuth2 Security, D3
- Knows and has used scripting languages
- Working knowledge of Design Patterns
- MVC & derivatives, Façade, Adapter, etc.
- Database Skills
- Working knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Working knowledge of database systems (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostGRES)
- Other favorable skills (not necessary, but helpful)
- Data warehousing experience
- Healthcare domain knowledge
- Business Intelligence experience
- Application Security
- Experience with QRDA Submissions, document structure and CMS.
- Knowledge of healthcare information protocols including HL7, FHIR, CQL.
- Interest and demonstrated expertise in generating and processing files.
- eCQM files including CQL, QRDA I & III, background in HL7 2.x/3.x format
- XML/JSON file processing, generation, and data extraction
- EHR interoperability experience
The team uses agile and user story-driven development practices for full stack development as well as for enhancing existing software. All work is done in a team setting with a focus on team accountability and success. You will provide feedback to colleagues through code reviews and pair programming where high standards, passion and the drive to deliver exceptional products are second nature. Collaboration, mentoring and helping others are just part of who you are.
Education & Relevant Experience
- BS/BA or MS in Computer science, information systems, or other technology/science degree.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience building commercial software for the web
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.
At Health Catalyst, we appreciate the opportunity to benefit from the diverse backgrounds and experiences of others. Because of our deep commitment to respect every individual, Health Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer.