About the Role
At Uber, we're reimagining the way the world moves. From how you get home from work, to how you eat meals, or how you move huge shipments of anything, the work we do is shaping the future of mobility and changing the way people live. To get there, we've brought together a collective of optimists and doers to tackle some of the most challenging problems of our time.
As an Associate Creative Director on the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) team, you'll drive and execute the creative strategy and work for our Driver, Rider, Eats, and Freight lifecycle communications. But you won't do it alone. You'll lead some of the best designers and copywriters as you partner with marketing managers, product managers and researchers in a fast-paced, rapidly-growing environment -- all to create magical experiences for people around the world.
You're a good fit because...
You're an art director with an ear for copy or a copywriter with an eye for design
- You can provide creative direction and constructive feedback to both designers and copywriters
- You have experience leading projects and small teams, but you're ready to make a transition to a fast-paced & exciting team
- You already manage work quality and mentor creative individuals, but you want to kick that up a notch by being on a dynamic team that works on high impact projects
- You can translate insights into creative strategy
- You use research, data and test results to inform your creative vision and decision-making
- You know how to synthesize complex information and make decisions quickly
- You consolidate feedback from multiple perspectives into a singular focus and lead your team through executing on that direction
What You'll Do
- Guide creatives, both designers and copywriters, on execution and creative decisions
- Manage the quality of creative work by providing direction and constructive feedback
- Inspire creative excellence by pushing the boundaries of brand guidelines
- Developing & coaching junior to senior creatives on career direction, interpersonal relationships and performance
- Facilitate Resourcing creatives on weekly projects
- Connect the CRM Creative Team with other Uber creative teams (Marketing Campaign, Brand Experience, Product) and aligning on creative consistency across channels
- Innovate on currently channel technology, finding new ways to elevate the creative on our email platforms
- Iterate on creative, through repeated testing, and using data to inform decisions
- Take a creative vision and communicate it to the executing team that's bringing the vision to life
- Look for opportunities to enhance efficiencies in our processes & work flow
What you'll need
- 7+ years of experience as a creative for an advertising agency or in-house for a global brand
- 2-3 years of experience as a creative lead
- A portfolio of B2C samples or case studies
- A strong understanding of how design and copy work together
- An ability to adapt to brand guidelines, helping to define it and push it forward for multiple digital channels
- Experience conceiving of campaign ideas and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Strong skills in providing creative feedback & presentation
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment, collaborating with a broad in-house team and cross-functional partners
- Extremely strong stakeholder management skills
- The ability to strategically prioritize multiple projects for yourself and junior creatives
Bonus points if you have
- B2B expertise on known global brands
- Industry experience with financial, tech services, e-commerce or retail
- Experience with Figma, Sketch & Adobe
- Familiarity with Google Docs and Slides
- B.A. or Masters degree, or equivalent
About the Team
CRM build lasting relationships with our customers by providing the right message to the right user, via the right channel at the right time -- all so that we can build long-term value, loyalty and trust. CRM allows Uber to develop long-term relationship with established and new customers while helping streamline business performance.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.