About the Role
Uber is looking to add an Associate Tax Counsel to our rapidly growing team! This role will report to our Senior Tax Counsel and support our Global Tax Planning & Strategy Team. This is an amazing opportunity to join our Tax team and make an immediate impact. If you welcome a high-growth, fast-paced international environment, we're excited to hear from you.
What You'll Do
- Advise cross functional teams on US federal corporate taxation including M&A tax planning and drafting support, transfer pricing, and Subpart F rules, to achieve operational efficiency and business goals
- Partner with key contacts in legal, operations, corporate development, finance, and treasury to identify and implement tax planning strategies and minimize potential tax risks
- Review contracts and collaborate with legal to ensure contracts contain key terms consistent with global tax structure
- Manage federal and international tax audits and correspondence with domestic and foreign tax authorities
- Monitor and analyze existing and proposed tax legislation
- Work with a global tax team
What You'll Need
- Juris Doctor required
- Minimum 3 of experience in a law firm or in-house and/or Big 4 with a solid understanding of international tax concepts, including M&A and corporate transaction experience; tax controversy experience is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; ability to communicate effectively with senior management team
- Strong tax research and tax analytical skills
About the Team
The position will support our growing tax counsel team by providing advice with respect to M&A transactions and commercial transactions. This position will coordinate US and global tax advice with respect to various lines of business.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.