About the Role
As a Business Development (BD) Manager on the Uber Freight team, you will serve as a product and industry expert who will source partnerships to grow our business.
Using previous success in developing relationships and experience working across operations, marketing and product teams, you will be introducing partners to Uber while developing and testing new strategies for Uber Freight.
What You'll Do
- Source, structure, negotiate, execute, and implement strategic deals in support of a business thesis or business model
- Develop meaningful relationships with key partners that fit into our go-to-market strategy
- Evaluate strategic and partnership opportunities, performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Create scalable and strategic programs for sourcing, on-boarding, and developing new Uber Freight BD relationships
- Coordinate closely with Uber Freight's product, engineering and operations teams to define priorities, build relationships and execute deals & measure the impact of those deals
- Work with both internal and external product, sales, operations, and marketing teams to drive successful partnership outcomes
- Develop deep relationships with key partners that fit into our go-to-market master plan
- Understand business model implications and communicate in a financially grounded way
- Act as a partner advocate internally & represent Uber Freight externally at senior levels
What You'll Need
- Minimum 6 years of experience in business development and/or consulting
- Minimum 4 years of internal stakeholder management with demonstrated excellence working with product management and marketing
- Proven record of creating and executing on partnerships and negotiating deals
- Resourcefulness and passion for our mission
- Thorough understanding of a variety of business models (we're still proving ours)
- Strong use of insights and data-driven decision making
- An extremely proactive, self-starter mentality with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify and provide comprehensive solutions for varying partner needs
- Ability to thrive under pressure in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
- MBA preferred, but not required
About the Team
Uber Freight connects shippers with trucks, much like the way the Uber connects riders and drivers. The Uber Freight team believes that empowering truck drivers will bring more open, efficient, and increasingly safer transportation to our roads.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.