About the Role
You will be responsible for leading the Growth area for Bikes & Scooters, setting the vision and building products for increasing the user base to 100x. In this role, you will be spanning across multiple areas, from building features in the Uber app to increasing discovery of the newer modes for existing Uber riders, Loyalty, Promotions and other ideas to drive growth for the product.
As an engineering leader on the team, you'll be responsible for the architecture and delivery of the product, hiring and mentoring the engineers, and determining strategic direction of the team and defining our product roadmap.
What You'll Need
- 3+ years experience managing and 5+ years experience as an individual technical contributor building mobile, web, or backend systems.
- Prior management and team-building experience. You'll be managing several direct reports initially and will have the opportunity to scale and build out a high-performing team
- Experience going through the full software cycle of requirements, design, coding, testing, rollout best practices in delivering world class software and services.
- Mentor, coach, and develop a high-performing engineering team
- Lead with a passion for technology and empower team members by teaching new methods and perspectives on architecture, design, and best practices
- Customer obsession. The ability to take on complex product challenges and find elegant, simple solutions to users' and partners' problems
- Strategic mindset. You're comfortable thinking a few steps ahead of where the team is at now.
- Principled yet pragmatic. A qualified candidate will have conviction and be authentic in their approach, but situationally aware enough to adapt when needed.
- True passion for Uber's mission, our products, and the company's hybrid technology/operations nature.
- Inspiring leader. A strong leader capable of defining and articulating an inspiring vision and able to lead a cross functional team to deliver against that vision
About the Team
Uber is reinventing transportation, and the New Mobilities org is playing a pivotal role in making that happen. The New Mobilities org consists of Bikes, Scooters, Transit, and UberWorks.
Our mission is to extend ride sharing to other modes of transportation with a push of a button while working with cities towards reducing the need for vehicle ownership. Imagine a future where Bikes, Buses, Trains, Subways, Ferries, UberPool, Scooters and UberX seamlessly interconnect to lower cost, reduce congestion and cut pollution. That future starts today!
The New Mobilities team is looking for passionate, entrepreneurial engineers who seek to change the face of transportation as we know it (again). As a key component of Uber's Multi-Modal Transportation Platform strategy, this is a unique opportunity to build and be part of Uber's most exciting 0 to 1 big bets.
Uber is making huge investments in this area, and we already see explosive growth for our products. Join us delivering magical experiences!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.