About the Role
Uber ATG is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to help grow and guide our efforts developing the core software platforms on which our autonomous systems are based. This role is located in Palo Alto, CA.
What You'll Do
- Establish our ATG engineering presence in Palo Alto, and serve as overall site manager and engineering lead for the site;
- Assist existing engineering teams to mature and grow their effectiveness and impact by scaling their size and scope;
- Build and scale new engineering teams to execute on areas of currently unaddressed technical scope;
- Help to define and implement internal direction regarding open source projects, contributions and related activities;
- Grow the careers of individual contributors, team leads and sub-managers;
- Enable overall success of ATG activities via thought leadership and active mentoring.
What You'll Need
- Broad experience and proficiency in general software development processes, practices and technologies.
- Graduate degree preferred in a relevant field (computer science, engineering).
- Demonstrated people management experience at scale. Managing managers and senior engineering staff.
- Significant technical depth in one or more of the following domains: large-scale distributed systems, embedded/resource-constrained programming, scale-out systems architectures, networking and communications, operating systems development, machine learning.
- Proven ability to rapidly adapt to new technologies, company directions and societal demands.
- Passion and a sense of ownership over all that you direct, own and manage.
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Toronto, and Boulder are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.