About the Role
Reporting to the Technicians Manager, you will work with the Jump QA team and support the Failure Analysis Engineering Team. The role of a FA Engineering Technician will empower you to utilize your analytical skills to help dissect, investigate and report various failure modes with Jump Bikes and Scooters. You will be responsible for leading/assisting with the disassembly of subsystems and collating data, understanding and facilitating analysis requests and generate reports with the necessary data.
What You'll Do
- Help create the standard and follow best lab practices and aid with organizing lab areas. • Complete tasks and facilitate the work activities.
• Assist in the creation of work instructions.
• Must be able to work autonomously and proactively.
• Must have a keen eye for detail towards inspection of parts and creating detailed reports.
• Participate in the design of experiments in conjunction with Engineering team.
• Provides input for improving existing laboratory equipment and procedure
What You'll Need
- Be vocal and present for meetings with Engineers and the wider team.
• Experience using various test equipment related to FA
- Detail oriented, efficient, and a team player
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• Relevant industry experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Physical Requirements - lifting up 80 lbs
- High expertise with both electrical and mechanical hand skills
- Background in aviation, medical or autonomous vehicles considered a plus!
About the Team
JUMP is building the future of urban mobility: shared electric bikes that are the quickest, most enjoyable, and most empowering way to get around a city. Cheaper than most public transit and faster than cars in traffic, JUMP e-bikes radically improve local transportation. Founded in 2010, JUMP pioneered dockless bike share and has deployed more than 15,000 bikes in 6 countries. Our goal is to transform cities, making them more sustainable, equitable, and livable through electric mobility. Recently acquired by Uber, our next step is to scale what we've done 100x - and launch electric bike sharing systems in every major city, globally. To make this vision a reality we need to grow our team. We place tremendous value on our company's roots and culture: a mix of ingenuity, controlled chaos, hard work, and sense of purpose. This is a great opportunity to join a small but rapidly growing team that is shaping the future of transportation.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.