About Uber Eats
Uber Eats is helping to redefine on-demand food delivery for a new generation--giving people more time for the things they love. We empower people in 36 countries around the world to get the food they want from the restaurants they love, enabling delivery for every mood, every person, every time.
About the team
The Uber Eats Global Creative and Brand team creates brand distinction and affinity by crafting content, building community and celebrating food culture. We are built like a small agency and are here both to uphold the brand and service our global marketing teams. We focus on all three of the Uber Eats audiences--Eaters, Delivery Partners, and Restaurant partners.
About the role
As a Global Senior Creative Strategist, you will be counted on to listen to consumers, brand followers and industry loyalists to identify our business challenges, frame problems in unexpected ways and be relied upon for clarity, leadership, insights and perspective by creative teams both internal and external. You will be expected to understand how communications, culture, content, technology, psychology, and food intersect in the minds and lives of our consumers. You are innately curious about the world, have a passion for data, follow trends, can see around corners, and are an expert at connecting insights to human behavior. Your top priorities will be a) Represent the voice of the consumer in the business, b) Translate business and brand ambitions into actionable multi-faceted campaigns, c) Drive and inspire internal and external creative teams and agencies to develop and execute innovative programs that achieve business goals and enable Uber Eats to fulfill its ambitious brand vision.
We are seeking someone who can operate in a fast-paced environment to quickly collect and distill research in order to develop unique and compelling insights that lead to best-in-class creative. In this role, you will apply your curiosity and skills to our global brand to better connect with audiences by helping us build and articulate our unique brand value propositions, map consumer journeys, develop inspirational creative briefs, translate marketing strategies into creative strategies, and more. This role will report into the Global Creative Director for Uber Eats.
What You'll Do
- Turn brand marketing briefs into creative briefs for our internal creative team
- Act as agency partner lead - owning the external agency relationship and helping to translate Uber Eats marketing goals into actionable briefs for our agencies
- Collecting creative feedback from the marketing team and turning it into actionable, unified feedback that the agency and internal creative team can act against
- Shepherding the creative process, ensuring the creative and agency teams have what they need to create powerful work that delivers against our business and marketing objectives
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to plan initiatives, channel allocation and audience development in a way that makes sense for the creative vision
- Collaborate with content partnership and product colleagues to develop, test, execute, and measure ideas
- Glean insights from data and identify marketing and advertising opportunities
- Review campaign performance and analytics to make adjustments/recommendations to continuously improve our engagement
- Formalize insights and strategic frameworks for audiences and 360 campaigns
- Assist in developing consumer journeys and communications plans
- Review, provide feedback and approve briefs for projects of all sizes
- Manage quantitative and qualitative research
- Management experience
- 8+ years in a mix of agency and technology companies
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience leading creative strategy for global brands
- Strong understanding of digital marketing, especially the mobile, social landscape
- Excellent communication skills in person, over email and on the phone
- Self-starter, fast learner who is detail-oriented and a critical thinker
- Ability to work independently and as a team cross-functionally
- Ability to judge and give constructive feedback on creative ideas for their distinctiveness and effectiveness
- Can clearly and persuasively communicate strategic recommendations to internal and external audiences with variable levels of understanding
- Comfort with ambiguity and constant change
- Actively seeks feedback for the purpose of continuous self-improvement
- A passion for new technology and knowledge of design thinking, deep knowledge of pop culture, emerging trends and a true love of food
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.