About the Role
We're looking for Engineers who are interested in creating decision making software for autonomous vehicles.
Come join our growing team and help us build dynamic, high-fidelity, control and decision making algorithms for our self-driving cars and trucks. Motion planning background i s not required - we are also interested in people passionate about the craft of code, problem solving for physical systems, and analytical thinking.
What You'll Do
- Using real-world data gathered from over 3 million miles of autonomously driven roads, you will apply your knowledge of motion planning to help shape the behaviors of our self-driving uber.
- How do I execute a lane change? How do I safely pickup and drop off a customer? How do I behave when merging with other traffic?
What You'll Need
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics or related discipline
- Excellent C++ skills in a Linux or other Unix environment
- Proven ability to think analytically
- Experience with one or more of the following: motion planning, controls, perception, prediction, mapping, localization, performance evaluation for robotic systems
- Experience with programming for physical systems.
- Background involving optimization, physics, and/or computational simulation.
- Experience with scripting languages (preferably python)