The Uber Production team is looking for a Photo Retoucher who will be responsible for performing photo retouching, and management of retouching projects. Collaborate with the growing Production team to ensure processes and best practices are being used across all phases of our work.
*Please include retouching-specific work samples and/or portfolio with application.**
What you'll do:
- Work within the Photography Production team to help develop an Iconic look for Uber imagery, by bringing a consistent look to the imagery created by dozens of photographers, dozens of campaigns, across the whole spectrum of products encompassing the Uber brand. The position will also influence global post production.
- Collaborate and coordinate with internal partners (producers, art directors, program managers, strategy), and with external partners (production companies and photographers) to continuously drive both quality and efficiency on all aspects of our post processing work from pre-production through deliverables to stakeholders.
- Execute a high volume of images quickly while maintaining tight quality standards with the ability to accommodate tight schedules. Be adaptable to project direction changes mid-project.
- Work with the team to establish a schedule and budget for retouching, as well as distributing final deliverables to stakeholders at completion of the project.
- Gather files, and prepare write-ups for freelance retouchers when necessary.
- Maintain quality assurance on all images retouched by the team or external vendors.
- Maintain consistency of file names, folder structures and method of archiving of files. Help improve the process as we build out the photo inventory. Continue to evolve the metadata and photography taxonomy practices used throughout the Production team.
- Assist on location for productions that require an onsite retoucher.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience of professional retouching at a fast paced post production company (prepress, ad agency, production house etc).
- Expert skills in Photoshop, Lightroom (Capture One a plus).
- RAW conversion wizard in ACR/Lightroom.
- Knowledge of industry standard approaches to file structure when working in a production environment. Files should be structured so that they can be readily adjusted based on feedback through multiple rounds of retouching, and so files can be passed between multiple retouchers.
- Expert at hair masks, and skintones.
- Ability to silo an object or person and place on a different colored background.
- Automotive retouching experience and/or experience retouching reflective objects (phones, or product retouching).
- Strong background of color theory. Able to work in CMYK and RGB. Knows the advantages to each workflow, and when to use which.
- Strong sense of lighting. Can adjust lighting in post as necessary when compositing multiple images, or to address creative concerns.
- Ability to retouch to match a wide range of creative styles/esthetics based on reference imagery.
- Experience working with directly with photographers, producers, and and art directors.
- Experience in fast-paced, highly creative environments.
- Experience creating imagery for advertising.
- Aptitude to juggle multiple projects at once, prioritize based on deadlines, and give regular updates/projections so that all projects are completed on schedule.
- Can create a write-up for other retouchers.
Work Ethic and Collaboration:
- A can-do attitude and a desire to make the workplace fun
- Expert in dealing with ambiguity and striving to always find a clear path forward.
- You are an energetic and creative problem solver, and approach situations with a collaborative, figure-it-out mentality
- Ownership; you're comfortable taking ownership over certain aspects of a project and not afraid to ask questions.
- Ability to be independent, proactive, thorough, and have strong communication skills.
- A team player that will go the extra mile to listen to the creative team's vision, and find a way to make those visions into images.
- Willingness to adapt to new workflow concepts and ideas.
- Professional experience as a photographer, running a photoshoot, and driving a team. (orchestrating lighting, subjects, and designing composition while taking direction from an art director).
- Degree in Photography, Illustration, or Fine Art related field.
- Experience on set as a Digital Tech or Photo Assistant.
- Knowledge and ability to set up lighting and grip equipment.
Perks of the job:
- Monthly Uber credits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Nine paid company holidays
- 401K plan, gym reimbursement
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance package to fit your needs
- Wellness reimbursement
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.