About The Role
This role will report to the Revenue Operations Manager, and will be part of a team that is critical to the company's month end close process and IPO readiness . In this challenging role, you will improve efficiency of close processes through automation and outsourcing, work cross-functionally with Finance Engineering to develop and enhance Uber's internal revenue systems, take ownership in management of key revenue controls, and be involved in supporting major projects that impact the entire accounting organization.
What You'll Do
- Actively involved in the monthly close process including preparation of reports and analysis, and reviewing various journal entries of staff and shared service center team members
- Prepare journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and flux analysis at month-end close
- Participate in critical accounting projects, including the implementation of new system logics or enhancements, new revenue standards, and support new product launches
- Heavily involved in drafting accounting requirements for Finance Engineering teams, user acceptance testing, and strengthening of change management controls
- Enhance existing processes and controls, perform and maintain assigned internal controls
- Identify opportunities for outsourcing and work on automation projects to improve the speed and efficiency of the monthly revenue close
- Collaborate with key cross-functional stakeholders including finance, engineering, internal audit on a variety of projects
- Support external audit requirements
- Assist in financial reporting during the month-end close process
- Support revenue team on ad-hoc analysis and projects
What You'll Need
- Knowledge of revenue recognition in US GAAP under 606
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years professional Accounting or Finance experience; Public accounting background is a plus
- Month-end close experience required, experience with order-to-cash cycle a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, with the ability to manipulate and digest mass amounts of data require
- Experience with management of external consultants and shared services
- Experience with drafting business requirements and collaborating with Finance Engineering teams on internal accounting systems a plus
- Experience with Oracle or other large financial systems
- Knowledge of and basic ability to read and write SQL a bonus
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines
About the Team
We build scalable & controlled processes and help implement accounting systems and automation for our Global Accounting function.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.