About the Role
The Senior Analyst - IT Financial Risk Management will be focused on coordinating and building a world class IT risk management program for Uber's finance function, working with the other arms of the Finance Risk Management team to develop an integrated risk and controls program to respond to existing and emerging risks.
The role will work closely with internal and external stakeholders, interacting on a day to day basis with Uber's Security Assurance, Engineering, and Product teams to rationalize and automate Uber's financial controls environment. The successful applicant will have demonstrated IT systems processes and IT internal controls experience related to financial applications.
What You'll Do
- Build and maintain relationships across Engineering, Product, Operations, Internal Audit, external audit and other external stakeholders to drive effective financial risk management.
- Understand and manage emerging risks through early detection and adopt preventative measures to manage them.
- Work with Security Assurance, Engineering, and Product teams to improve efficiency of control environments through implementation of automation and process improvement
- Bridge gaps between IT controls and business controls, including ITGCs and automated business controls. Work with IA to ensure complete control environment is managed
- Work with emerging products to understand risk profile and ensure an appropriate control environment is established
- Assist in the completion of compliance activities such as; narrative and flowchart development, risk assessments, control rationalization, management controls testing
- Provide control related support and training for the team to help mitigate financial risk through fostering an effective controls environment.
- Implement new process and controls in response to changes to the business environment, such as; new product introduction, changes in accounting standards, internal process changes or reorganization.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree (Information Systems focused and/or Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years of IT audit (internal or external), controls, compliance or risk management experience
- Strong organization skills with an ability to plan and perform multiple tasks
- Ability to analyze complex processes to identify potential financial, operational, systems and compliance risks across major finance cycles
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form across a wide array of internal and external stakeholders, including senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects concurrently, including managing a team.
- Ability to thrive in environments of uncertainty
Bonus Points if
- Big 4 accounting firm and/or internet/ technology industry experience
- Experience with SOX pre-IPO readiness assessments and control implementation
- Working technical knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, SOX requirements, including PCAOB Auditing Standard No. 5
- Demonstrated project management experience (PM certification a plus)
- Experience managing, monitoring and remediating deficient financial controls
- Process management experience, including process redesign and optimization
- Experience with information technology general controls and automated business process controls and concepts
- Experience with homegrown applications in a microservices/dev-ops environment
About the Team
The Financial Risk Management (FRM) team will be focused on coordinating and building a world class IT risk management program for Uber's finance function, working with the other arms of the team to develop an integrated risk and controls program to respond to existing and emerging risks. This role has the unique opportunity to shape Uber's Engineering and Product Orgs compliance programs.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.