About the Role
As a backend engineer on Configuration Platform team, you'll be responsible for developing infrastructure that can support millions of reads per second, used by more than thousand microservices at Uber and tens of thousands of customers across engineering and city teams. Uber is a global company with datacenters spread across several regions (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific) and our infrastructure provides scalability, reliability and fault tolerance across regions and zones. We own tier-0 and tier-1 services that are highly available and critical to running Uber's business.
What You'll Do
- Be responsible for design, implementation and delivery of complex projects that span across quarters and impact multiple teams
- Build reliable infrastructure fault tolerant across zones and regions
- Solve complex distributed systems problems including consensus and leader election
- Collaborate with teams across engineering and city teams to design developer friendly interfaces that are simple to use
- Mentor, educate and support those around you, as well as other engineers within the company
- You have a BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- You have 10 or more years building software in the industry
- You have experience building reliable distributed systems at scale
- You have experience with one or more programming languages including Python, Golang or Java
- You are adept at communicating and collaborating effectively with others (outside the team), promoting your ideas as well as being humble when you may be wrong
- You are excited to learn from and teach others
What You'll Need
- 10 Minimum Years of Experience with Backend
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.