About the Role
Uber is growing rapidly and we are looking for a Tax Operations Senior Associate for Uber Eats in San Francisco. This challenging role requires an individual who is driven and excited to solve new problems every day.
You will play a critical role in defining and updating the tax strategy for our newer products. You will help describe this product in detail to the local tax teams and work with cross-functional stakeholders on comprehensive specifications, implementation, launch and testing. In addition, you will envision and execute the product roadmap for tax to enable our business lines to achieve compliance and growth.
This is a project management role but you will need a strong grasp of tax and accounting concepts and quickly pick up on international issues facing a fast growing multinational company.
What You'll Do
- Project manage tax review of all new business initiatives and product updates. Ensure thorough and standardized processes for identification and documentation of tax requirements, execution, testing and roll out.
- Work with global tax team in regional offices to ensure local requirements are considered and in compliance with global policies and procedures.
- Participate and help execute global projects by developing project plans, identifying owners, reporting progress, removing roadblocks to keep projects moving, and identifying improvement opportunities based on continuous feedback.
- Collaborate with a wide range of functions, (e.g. Accounting, Legal, FinTech, Engineering, Operations, Products, etc) to communicate tax goals as well as understand and digest stakeholder goals.
- Coordinate and assist in hosting cross-functional meetings, document meeting minutes, action plans, and progress updates, and maintain project trackers.
- Lead assessments of end to end operational processes to solve problems, document process flows and narratives, analyze risks and pain points, find opportunities for process improvements and streamline use of data and technology.
- Develop effective communications for both the global tax team and other stakeholders by preparing executive level presentations, newsletters and reports. Create and maintain internal reference materials, documentation and training as required.
- Support special projects as needed by researching and analyzing tax issues and creating appropriate deliverables for use within the tax organization and in the broader company.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Tax, Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
- 4+ years of experience in public accounting, consulting, and/or a high-growth company
- Thorough accounting, analytical, and tax research skills
- Knowledge of indirect tax/VAT and SQL a definite plus
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with tight timelines, create structure from scratch, and manage a wide range of information
- Self-driven with great attention to detail, project management and organizational skills and demonstrates meaningful ownership of tasks
- Passion and experience working with stakeholders across multiple organizations to drive successful results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrate the ability to present facts in a clear and concise manner and effectively influence business decisions
- Proven track record of leading global projects with measurable business impact
- High standards across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on
About The Team
You will join a team of high performers on the Business Transformation team and specifically focus on Tax Product Operations & Technology.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.