About the Role
In this role, you will be supporting an area of our high growth business and be in a unique position with visibility into the overall global business, and this will allow you to reach insights others might not be able to make. In addition to driving and supporting our financial planning, forecasting, reporting, and analysis efforts, you'll have the opportunity to turn these insights into initiatives, running with them and helping drive strategic decisions. So if you're ready to go deep, working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the finance skills, experience, and passion - read on and get in touch!
Open Focus Areas:
Ridesharing: Be part of our Global team that supports the Rides business. You will partner with operations and product teams to drive growth, new product launches, and find operating efficiencies in Uber's largest business.
Eats: Be part of the Global team that supports the Eats business. You will partner with operations and product teams to drive growth, new product launches, and find operating efficiencies in Uber's fastest growing business.
Jump Bike: Founding member of the JUMP business finance team where you'll be in a unique position to integrate and scale the product globally. You'll provide strategic support to Uber's newest modality, and work on a startup within Uber.
Corporate Finance: Provide strategic support to the CFO and senior leadership on company-wide planning, analysis, and reporting. You'll work cross-functionally to drive and scale the cadence, tools, and data leveraged in our key financial processes across businesses and functions
Real Estate: Advise, analyze and execute on global real estate decisions - Uber has interests in a number of assets around the world and is constantly analyzing and optimizing its footprint for both financial and operational efficiencies.
**Tech Infrastructure: Drive Uber's long-term data center and cloud infrastructure strategy working closely with VP of Infrastructure and Infrastructure leads; Evaluate cost efficient opportunities to scale Uber's infrastructure and make optimal decisions to support the future of Uber's growth and technical needs.**
What You'll Do
- Business partnerships - work closely with company leaders to develop financial forecasts and operational goals
- Apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making related to new initiatives, products, and business opportunities
- Sophisticated financial modeling - build models from scratch, improve existing models, and break complex models down into components that consolidate
- Global optimization - lead initiatives that optimize our different product P&L
- Think strategically and then execute - the models we build aid in decision making and strategy - we operationalize our insights
- Help us scale / transition from startup to enterprise
- Work closely with accounting to provide input on management reporting needs and better understand our actuals
- Special projects and deal support
- Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets
What You'll Need
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar
- Minimum of 1 year in Banking and/or Corporate finance /operational FP&A at either a high-growth company or a large, well-established organization
- Elite Excel skills - Best practices are second-nature, your models are efficient, scalable, and intuitive
- Excellent communication and people skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people
- Self-starter - You will take initiative, be dedicated, set and drive toward goals
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Systems - working knowledge of enterprise-level financial planning systems
- Attention to detail - consistent with swift execution
Bonus Points If
- MBA, CFA or CPA
- SQL skills - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.