About the Role
Uber's New Mobility team (NeMo) is looking for adaptable embedded software engineers with a flare for signal processing. These engineers are not afraid to get their hands dirty with real world issues to work on impactful problems. This is a new team focused on improving safety, rider experience, and operational efficiencies of our light electric vehicles (scooters, bicycles, and other form factors) through the integration of sensing and robotics technologies into our fleets. We are looking for folks who have a good balance of theoretical knowledge and programming expertise. You will be rubbing shoulders with world class scientists and engineers, looking to revolutionize transportation. You will get a chance to use your skills in the geo-spatial domain while developing state-of-the-art compute infrastructure and tools.
You'll be part of a small team that will be tasked with quickly understanding the real world challenges of our light electric vehicle fleets, rapidly prototyping and evaluating sensing and robotics solutions to those challenges, and assisting with the integration of validated solutions into our production vehicles for large scale deployment.
What You'll Do
- Lead cross-functional initiatives working with multiple partner teams related to localization, GPS/IMU/Vision-based inferences and autonomous positioning
- Design and develop embedded systems for localization of light electric vehicles
- Deliver high-quality C/C++ code for real-time embedded systems
- Sensor and hardware evaluation and integration
- Write design specifications and participate in hardware and software design reviews
What You'll Need
- At least 5 years experience as a software engineer
- Proficient in C code, real-time constraints, and hardware interfaces (e.g. UART, SPI, I2C)
- Deep knowledge of ARM, x86, or similar processor architectures
- Working knowledge of software debugging and profiling tools
- Strong experience working closely with sensors, actuators and control system
Bonus Points If
- Two or more years of experience as a technical leader in the robotics field
- Some expertise in localization, controls, machine learning
- Experience in robotics, real time systems, embedded system, or self-driving technologies
About the Team
Uber revolutionized urban transportation, but we have no intention to stop there. New Mobility, also known as "NeMo", is a new org with the mandate to build and scale the next set of mobility businesses that will help Uber evolve into a multi-modal platform. As a high-growth "startup org" within Uber, NeMo is fast-paced, constantly evolving, and highly rewarding. If you're eager to bring Uber's vision as a platform to life, and are motivated by challenge, read on.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.