About the Role
The Communications Platform team's mission is to enable Uber to efficiently and intelligently author the right message to the right customer through any channel in order to develop deep personal relationships that drive engagement and impact at scale. We send tens of billions of messages to Uber's millions of customers through our platform every year.
This role will be responsible for building the products that send ALL email, sms, and push notifications to users worldwide. We build highly scalable, distributed systems that provide an easy to use API for hundreds of internal services.
We expect the Product Manager to be business savvy, customer-focused, and data-oriented -- they must be able to partner closely with Engineering, Design and Data Science to set and execute on a vision and strategy that meets the needs of our customers and the business.
What You'll Do
- Work with stakeholders across the company that need to engage with our customers to understand their core needs and business requirements
- Work with BD to identify opportunities for working with different vendors
- Understand new and emerging new channels of communication that we can integrate into our core products
- Make cost vs deliverability trade-offs and develop products that self optimize over time.
- Set KPIs and monitor data to understand the impact of products and features on our customers and the business
- Lead product planning; collect data, evaluate potential opportunities and prioritize
- Develop a longer term vision, strategy and roadmap for the team
- Clearly communicate plans, insights, data, and results to executives, other product teams, and cross-functional partners such as marketing, operations and legal
- Evangelize products through education and resources
What You'll Need
- 5-7 years of software delivery product management experience and managing teams through technology implementations
- Experience leading product development from zero to first release and beyond
- Basic understanding of data science models, technical architecture, and common product management frameworks
- Experience leading cross-functional teams on high-impact projects
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and work across a large organization to ship cross functional projects
- Team oriented and comfortable interfacing with all levels of Uber employees, management, executives.
Bonus Points If
- Prior experience working in or with marketing technologies
- Prior experience working on global projects, or in an international setting
About The Team
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.