About the Role
As a Technical Buyer for New Mobilities (NeMo), you will be an inaugural member of the NeMo Supply Chain organization and will be in support of purchase requests, p-card orders, and supplier setups..
What You'll Do
- Ensure sanctity of procurement processes for: contracts, purchase requests, purchase approval/orders, audit compliance and high data quality especially around GL coding and anything impacting accruals
- Continuous improvement of p2p processes & systems that will scale to meet NeMo's rapidly growing global business needs
- Develop training material and broadly distributed communications
- Develop positive relationships with the internal customers and ensure consistent customer service
- Review spend & delivery metrics, share discoveries and suggest improvements to the buying process
- Teach and verify that the correct procurement process is upheld
- Act with a high sense of urgency - Procurement is not a bottleneck
- Excellent vendor management, influence, and expediting capabilities
What You'll Need
- Minimum of 5 years experience in procurement
- Confirmed ability to align a diverse group of partners and vendors with seemingly conflicting priorities
- Experience in a fast growing company with a focus on execution
- Excellent technical knowledge of systems such as Coupa and Oracle
- Excellent knowledge of the procure-to-pay process
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written skills including a high attention to detail
- Confirmed customer obsession and work ethic based on strong desire to exceed expectations
- A real passion for Uber
About the Team
Uber revolutionized urban transportation, but we have no intention to stop there. New Mobility, also known as "NeMo", is a new org with the mandate to build and scale the next set of mobility businesses that will help Uber evolve into a multi-modal platform. NeMo's scope includes electric bikes, electric scooters, public transit, mopeds, and more. As a high-growth "startup org" within Uber, NeMo is fast-paced, constantly evolving, and highly rewarding. If you're eager to bring Uber's vision as a platform to life, and are motivated by challenge, read on.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.