Uber AI is the core group for machine intelligence at Uber. Our work spans cutting-edge applications in computer vision, NLP, and robotics through fundamental research towards AGI. This team is looking for a Tech Lead Manager to build out a world-class ML platform to support this work.
If you join our team, you will be working on some of the most interesting and challenging problems with a world class team that values growth and camaraderie.
What You'll Do:
Pushing the envelope in AI research requires world-class infrastructure; your scope will include deploying novel algorithms on enormous data volumes, integrating human knowledge via active learning, and data visualization to support model R&D. The team's scope ranges from mobile engineering for data collection apps through scaling data infrastructure to help researchers deploy prototypes on GPU clusters. Here are some of the things you and your team would build:
- Build out an ecosystem of ML tooling
- Infrastructure to deploy novel algorithms on enormous data volumes
- Integrate human knowledge via active learning
- Data visualizations to support model R&D
- Scope ranges from mobile engineering for data collection apps through scaling data infrastructure to help researchers deploy prototypes on GPU clusters
What You'll Need:
- Architecture & Problem Solving chops. You should have experience constructing full-stack software systems and solutions, from data infrastructure through microservices.
- Strong programming and algorithmic skills (we mainly use Java & Python)
- Highly collaborative. Your team will interface with both core infrastructure teams and researchers, leveraging existing platforms at the company and extending or composing them to support Uber AI.
Bonus points if:
About the team:
Uber AI is the core group for machine intelligence at Uber. Our work spans cutting-edge applications in computer vision, NLP, and robotics through fundamental research towards AGI. The HEX-ML team is building a world-class ML platform to support this work.
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.