About the Team
The UberEverything Engineering team in NYC is responsible for building highly efficient and reliable logistics solutions that span across food delivery (Uber Eats), e-commerce, and more. We are working to define and build the next generation of Uber's logistics platform. Despite Uber's well-established brand, our engineering efforts in New York are just getting started. Help craft the culture here, and join us from the beginning on the ride of your life!
About the Role
The team in NYC is looking for backend engineers who will focus on:
- Work with Uber Eats engineering teams to solve challenges brought by the large scale and fast growing business
- Design, implement and own Uber Eats core backend systems to deliver values to Uber Eats customers and partners
- Design and develop new systems, tools and dashboards continue scale Uber Eats business globally
What you'll need
- Deep domain knowledge and experience with relevant tools, languages and frameworks (Go, Node or Python preferred)
- Proven experience shipping high-quality product features on schedule
- Experience in working on large-scale distributed systems
- Data-driven architecture and systems design
- A Github account that showcases your talent for building
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative approach to problem-solving
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on some of the world's most challenging tech problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world. The fuel behind all of our growth: our bold and innovative brand, our technology and, of course, the people. Maintaining a world-class, global workforce that strives for continued growth and facing hard tech problems head on, is no small task. That's why we value ideas over hierarchy, we build globally while living locally, and we believe that being customer-obsessed everywhere starts with building diverse, inclusive, and driven teams.