About the Role
On the Uber Eats Regional Operations team, we're helping to scale our most impactful processes and initiatives, support markets, and drive innovation in the business. The Restaurant Onboarding team is focused on providing new restaurant partners with the best possible experience as they prepare to receive their first delivery requests on the Uber Eats platform. Our Onboarding team is essential in the growth of the Uber Eats platform as the core link between Sales and an active partnership.
This is a multi-faceted role that requires proficiency to set and drive the strategic vision of our Restaurant Onboarding Program Team. The team is responsible for optimizing the processes associated with moving a restaurant through the stages before their first delivery requests. During this period of hyper growth, we need leaders who can excel in ambiguity and work cross functionally with other Uber Eats teams to execute new initiatives that will create more valuable experiences for our restaurant partners.
What You'll Do
- Develop & lead a team of Project Managers responsible for supporting the Restaurant Onboarding and early life cycle experiences
- Manage the project governance process from strategy to implementation, with a focus on implementation of new onboarding processes, including automation and worked performed by external vendors
- Partner with US&C Uber Eats Sales Leadership and Restaurant Ops to develop and deliver key strategic initiatives that will help drive more efficient and loyalty-inspiring onboarding experiences
- Develop analytical frameworks to support prioritization of programs and decision making in Restaurant Ops, focused on onboarding and the first few months of a restaurant's partnership with Uber Eats
- Create, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models on status of key programs and initiatives
- Partner closely with business stakeholders to provide insights that drive decisions around process, policy, and operating model changes
- Communicate the key program outcomes and insights to key stakeholders
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree + At least 7 years of professional experience in project management, consulting, high growth operations or startup environment or 12 years of equivalent work experience
- At least 7 years of experience managing large teams
- Strong & proven project management skills (plan and execute projects with multiple work streams and dependencies) and ability to manage cross-functional projects and meet aggressive deadlines
- Excel proficiency and data intuition
- Outstanding communication skills. Including public speaking and ability to present effectively in front of peers and senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to develop team members effectively, set team goals, guide people to their highest levels of performance, and through challenging situations
- Optimistic leadership: You have an enthusiastic attitude and are passionate about making magic for our Community. You view every customer interaction as a chance to impact our restaurant partners in a positive way
Bonus points if
- Project Management Professional (PMP Certification)
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies
- SQL proficiency
About the Team
On the Uber Eats Regional Operations team, we're helping to drive innovation, scale our most impactful processes and initiatives and support various Uber Eats markets. You will lead high performing teams, as well as innovate on Restaurant Onboarding processes to grow the business. This role will work closely with cross-functional and cross-team counterparts to lead high impact initiatives across the US & Canada.
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it. For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.