We are currently seeking a highly technical and organized Mechanical or Product Design Engineer to manage our existing JUMP Infrastructure product line. JUMP is constantly striving to improve our existing products, as well as introduce new features and products into the JUMP product family. Attention to detail is a must and the ability to track the status of multiple projects at once is critical. The candidate must be confident interacting with manufacturers to manage multiple revisions of multiple products. The mechanical engineer must be able to take all products that are deployed and in production, and distill down the key actions needed to keep them up to date. With feedback from the deployment and city-operations teams, the candidate will have the ability to create design revisions to improve the function and installation of the product.
What You'll Do
- Organize existing product drawings and documentation into an easily accessible system
- Interface with the program management and product management teams to understand necessary updates and revisions
- Work with suppliers to deliver the highest quality product to our customers
- Create 3D Printed models of design concepts using Solidworks or equivalent CAD software
- Understand technical/design details at the product level and propose technical alternatives when necessary
- Maintain a general understanding of certifications and codes that pertain to the product line, work with certification manager when necessary
- Creates quote packages for revisions and new product lines
- Communicates cost data to procurement and finance teams to evaluate cost goals of products
- Owns the creation of specification materials, drawings, bills of materials for JUMP infrastructure products
What You'll Need
- 4 years of experience with Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Sustaining Engineer, Transportation, EV, Product Design
About the Team
This position will contribute directly to the launch and success of groundbreaking charging solutions for micro-mobility on the JUMP Hardware Team.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.