We are searching for a strong leader who will ensure we deliver a high quality product while balancing the importance of time-to-market at a fast growing company. You will lead highly skilled Software Engineers in Test (SETs) who work closely with the rest of the software and product teams.
In this role, you will have a full ownership of the software quality, with responsibilities for the talent, strategy, process, tools, and metrics. The expectation is that you bring in relevant industry experience, learn quickly, and work both independently and across the organization. This is a critical leadership role with significant visibility and impact on our company's success. You will report directly to the VP of Engineering.
A “typical” day requires working with a development team. We expect you to understand how our customers use our products, to engage proactively with product owners to design and develop test cases, including tests related to customer use case and configurations. You will develop domain expertise, mentor SETs and create the future of our test automation strategy. We look to you to be an advocate for standard methodologies that aid in the delivering of high quality products and balancing the importance of time-to-market.
- Lead, mentor and manage a group of SETs
- Collaborate across teams to understand how our customers use our software, and build a comprehensive set of test plans and test strategies
- Build Integration, Performance, and E2E testing frameworks
- Design and systematize QA metrics, processes, tools and test cases
- Advocate for and implement automation capabilities throughout the entire software development lifecycle including, functional, performance, scale and stress
- Attend project meetings and contribute by reporting on test automation development progress, blockers, bugs, and risks
- Asses risk and use industry best practices for releasing software to customers
- Collaborate with Technical Operations to understand existing production issues and modify testing strategies to incorporate cases to prevent reoccurring production issues
- Develop automations and efficiency improvements for manual QA work
- 7+ years experience in managing technical QA teams
- 10+ years’ experience in software test and test automation, including experience writing and maintaining tests for web services and for test automation frameworks
- Ability to lead and set direction for software test projects
- Experience with agile software development and scrum
- Experience with a modern web development framework and tooling
- Desire to work with both manual (given full stack & robotics) and automated testing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Experience with Linux Operating Systems