About the Role:
As a Backend Engineer at Uber ATG, you'll be working on code that's closest to the business. This is a rare opportunity to build products used by internal and autonomy teams to operate the safest, most reliable, and efficient autonomous fleet. Our teams span from AV Maps, Core Platforms and Infrastructure, Machine Learning, Autonomy Engineering, and more.
What You'll Do
- Develop innovative solutions for challenging problems with scalable, production quality software.
- Collaborate with an amazing team of highly skilled group of people all tackling challenges of autonomous vehicles
What You'll Need
- Minimum 3 years industry experience.
- BS in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or related discipline.
- Strong general Linux experience.
- Strong coding skills in C++, Python, Go, Java.
- Familiarity with open source software development tools and frameworks.
Bonus Points If
- Master's or PhD level training in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or related discipline.
- Experience with building web-scale distributed systems, common open source components supporting such systems
- Knowledge of computer vision and machine learning fundamentals
- Prior experience in software engineering within the autonomous vehicle field.
- Excellent communication skills especially with diverse groups of team including technicians, software and hardware engineers, as well as managers and executives.
About the Team:
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.