About the Role
Uber Eats is looking for an S&P Associate to join our global marketing team. We need a strategic, data-driven thinker with operational and organizational management expertise who is able to build strong relationships across teams and regions while guiding execution of strategy. This is a unique opportunity to learn and solve problems on a talented and growing team with a strong and collaborative culture.
As the Global Marketing S&P Associate, you'll be on a nimble and highly impactful S&P team, responsible for shaping marketing strategy, owning marketing intelligence, driving strategic accountability, and partnering with all functions to provide critical guidance, insights and strategic frameworks. This role reports directly into the Global Marketing Strategy and Planning leader.
We expect this team member to work cross functionally across Product, Operations, Engineering, Marketing Finance, and beyond--as a thought leader and advocate for Eats Marketing, interacting directly with the Global Head of Eats Marketing, Regional Heads of Marketing, Eats RGMs, S&P teams, and senior leaders across the company.
What You'll Do
- Nuance Our Global Marketing Strategy: Develop & run strategic alignment process in partnership with regional S&P teams and across marketing functions (Brand, Creative, PMM, Marketing Operations, etc.).
- Drive Strategic Projects & Planning: Global Budget Planning, Team & HC Planning, Annual & Quarterly Planning, OKR Finalization and Campaign Support.
- Develop and lead a consistent communication process - sharing updates and reports to assist in marketing planning and analysis - in support of strategic decision making.
- See The Future: Relentlessly identify new ideas and businesses, develop hypothesis that push the business forward and plans to test them, and use data to rigorously prioritize how we deploy our resources.
- Build Relationships: Work across Marketing, Ops, Sales/BD, Finance and Product to ensure we are bringing all available tools to bear on our toughest problems.
- Go-to-market process: Partners with Marketing Ops to develop our Marketing concept map, go-to-market process. Also partners with Marketing Operations to track and adjust budget in real time.
- Find Facts and Uncover Insights: Leverage our rich dataset to help improve our collective understanding of what our customers love and hate about Uber.
- Uncover opportunities for efficiency and growth from algorithmic tweaks to tectonic shifts in strategy.
What You'll Need
- A minimum of 6 years experience of consulting / business intelligence / strategic planning / brand strategy or related experience.
- High-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred.
- Marketing experience and/or passionate interest is helpful.
- Strong, demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and an excellent disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery. You persevere when others give up.
- Strategic vision and creativity that is unbridled by the world around you. You constantly challenge the status quo and push to find what's next.
- Exceptional communication and organization skills.
- Exceptional Excel and SQL skills (R or Stata a plus!)
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA a plus.
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment.
- A deep desire to grow and learn.
- High emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Must love food and food culture.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.