About the Role
The most successful technology companies are brilliant storytellers, who can effectively engage with policymaking, business and consumer audiences alike, helping them understand the magic behind and the benefits of the products they use.
We are looking to invest in building world-class global policy and issue-advocacy marketing team led by a strong marketing manager, research/strategy/data analytics team, and a close partner to paid media planning and creative production. This global policy marketing team's primary responsibility will be to respond to crisis situations, help craft messaging for strategic policy and communications initiatives, and shape the future policy landscape of urban mobility. This role will report into the Senior Director, Global Head of Marketing Communications and will be based in SF.
What You'll Do
- Execute global policy marketing campaigns in support of Uber's policy and communications priorities by developing holistic end-to-end global policy marketing campaign strategies including planning, budgeting, research, message optimization, creative development, targeting, consumer engagement, mobilization, and measurement
- Lead and build a team of internal and external world class marketing communications professionals who will partner cross-functionally with policy, communications, and marketing (e.g. creative, social, media, production).
- Develop and execute policy campaign playbooks -- especially related to crisis-response situations across paid, owned, and earned channels.
- Work with Policy & Communications and Marketing to amplify existing plans and determine the optimal set of always-on campaign efforts to proactively shift the arc of policy debates in Uber's favor over the long term.
- Collaboratively work with regional heads of Marketing to align policy messaging with overall marketing plans
- Build data-driven policy campaign strategies, in partnership with Policy Insights leader by leveraging research and cutting-edge analytics.
What You'll Need
- Strong leadership and management values with a proven ability to build high-performing teams and cross-functional coalitions
- At least 15 years of electoral or issue-advocacy campaign experience at the statewide or national level
- Exceptional strategic planning, budgeting and organizational management skills
- Experience with cutting-edge policy marketing paid media strategy and managing policy marketing agencies
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative strategic policy research
- Experience with campaign analytics and data science tools
- Familiarity with policy message development and creative execution
- Familiarity with owned channel and voter mobilization tools
- A proven track record of collaborating with global teams from policy, communications, legal and marketing
- A self-starter who can organize through ambiguity to shape how we tell our story to the world, requiring the ability to develop relationships, set a strategy, and execute.
- Outstanding written communication and presentation skills; experience presenting to executive leaders and candidates
- Highly adaptable and calm under pressure
- Bachelor's degree in political science, economics, or communications
- Preferred qualification: Global policy strategy experience
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.