About The Team
UberWorks is pioneering a platform for flexible, on-demand work. Our team has successfully conducted pilots in LA and Chicago, showing rapid growth in food service, hospitality, and entertainment verticals, and is now looking to expand further.
Over the long term, we want to become to employment what AWS is to self-managed servers (fun fact: our original codename was UWS, for "Uber Worker Services"). To businesses, we're offering a way to manage their business more simply and effectively. To workers, we're offering a way to make money on their own terms: work whenever and as much as you want, and make more money per hour than with a regular job.
The opportunity is bigger than ridesharing, with a market size of $1.4 trillions dollars for hourly work of less than $14/hour, in the US alone. If this works out, 10 years from now, we hope people will look at Uber and ridesharing, the same way they do Amazon and books.
Several executives are excited about and backing this project.
About The Role
UberWorks operates as a startup within Uber - we have ambitious goals and objectives and need a strong, experienced Product Manager to join our team. The Product Manager will own the complete product roadmap for a team that is rapidly growing. As a key member of the leadership team, you will help shape the strategic direction of the team. You will also be the first product hire and should expect to build out an organization around you.
What You'll Do
- Understand implementation at the operational levels and propose alternatives when necessary.
- Help manage the cross-functional strategic planning and business planning process, leading conversations with key stakeholders to develop concepts for strategic initiatives, and developing those into detailed program / project plans (including roadmaps, funding planning, resource planning and hiring goals).
- Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Identify communication gaps, manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities. Drive results proactively.
- Project manage complex and large scale cross-team, cross-functional initiatives. Interface with Product, Engineering, Ops, BD, Policy, and Legal to estimate work efforts, define milestones, and manage resources.
- Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders.
- Engage and energize the team to achieve aggressive goals.
What We're Looking For
- Grit and willingness to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on; you persevere when others fall away.
- Track record of success in taking projects from 0-1 and turning them into full scale programs.
- Understands and is comfortable navigating legal and insurance frameworks and is able to overcome and problem solve around frequent roadblocks.
- High emotional intelligence. You're able to lead, coach and share feedback with positivity and optimism.
- Ability to be independent, multi-task, and deal with time pressure in an unstructured environment; ability to work through uncertainty.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships. Strong ability to collaborate with and present to senior executives. Knows how to get things done.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.