About the role
We are looking for an experienced manager to lead a team of product analysts. Product analysts partner with product managers, data scientists, engineers, design, and other key stakeholders and use data to truly understand our customers and the impact that our products have on them. The team is responsible multiple product areas, including the Restaurant, Money, Payments, and Expansion areas of the Uber Eats business.
What you'll do
- Lead, inspire, and develop a team of product analysts
- Define key metrics to evaluate the success of the business, team, and new features
- Build dashboards to track the progress of feature rollouts and the long-term success of products
- Refine ambiguous questions and generate new hypotheses about the product through a deep understanding of the data, our customers, and our business
- Analyze opportunities and problems to drive product prioritization and strategy
- Collaborate with data scientists and engineers to ensure and improve data availability, integrity, accuracy, and reliability
- Conduct experiments to evaluate the impact of new product features
What you'll need
- Minimum 5 years industry experience in data analytics
- At least 2 years of experience in people management
- Bachelors in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field preferred (advanced degrees are a plus)
- Advanced SQL expertise; experience in a scripting language for analysis (R, Python, etc) is a plus!
- Willingness to get your hands dirty with messy data to identify product opportunities and uncover interesting product insights
- Strong storytelling: distill interesting and hard-to-find insights into a compelling, concise data story
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage relationships with stakeholders coming from both technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Passionate and attentive self-starters, great communicators, amazing follow-through - you have a great work ethic and love the responsibilities from being personally empowered
About the team
Uber Everything division solves the most challenging problems related to Uber's ambitious and rapidly expanding on-demand delivery businesses such as Uber Eats. We work on products that make every part of the delivery work seamlessly from end-to-end, such as personalized recommendation and search, acquisition funnel, menus, growth and spend, dynamic pricing, dispatch and routing, and many more.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.