About the Role
The Design Research team's mission is to inform and influence product decisions with exceptional insights about people, technology and services in our current and future world. At Uber, we spend our days bridging the gap between physical and digital experiences, and adding value to people's everyday lives by creating transportation options and economic opportunities. If you're a researcher unafraid to push the limits and looking to work with sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment, we'd love to talk with you.
We're hiring researchers with varying levels of experience to help create memorable experiences for our riders and partners, and level up products used by our city teams to keep Uber moving globally. You will help grow our talented research team within the US and beyond. Today, our researchers are based in 8 different cities that represent 6 countries, and they support products used in over 400 cities in which Uber operates.
What You'll Do:
- Design and conduct qualitative studies, including field observations and interviews, remote and in-person usability studies for existing and future products
- Design and conduct quantitative studies, such as structuring and analyzing surveys to evaluate impact of product changes and gather insights at scale
- Identify and explore new opportunities through creative research methods and co-design sessions to help define product roadmaps, vision, and strategy
- Collaborate closely with other researchers, designers, product managers, data scientists, marketing and operations managers, and engineers to ensure research you deliver is integrated into every aspect of the product and provides a holistic view of our users
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions through rich storytelling via presentations, reports, workshops and any other novel, creative approaches that you invent
- Adapt and innovate research methods to meet product needs by delivering high quality insights in a fast paced work environment, and by contextualizing for specific use cases across products such as car rides, food delivery, and couriers
- Build empathy across the organization to improve the products we build for our riders, driver-partners, couriers, and employees in cities all around the world and always champion for our users
What You'll Need:
- MS or PhD degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Statistics, Computer Science or a related field
- 5 years of relevant experience in a product development research setting
- Track record of demonstrating excellent command of research questions within a given domain and of technical tools for the analysis of data within that domain
- Previous experience driving research programs that have had a lasting impact on product and design decisions
- Familiarity with a programming language commonly used for data manipulation and computational statistics (such as Python, R, Matlab, C++, Java or Go), and in SQL
- Previous experience conducting research in APAC, EMEA, LATAM, SEA, and working on products with global impact
- Ability to fluently communicate in languages other than English
- Previous experience identifying, onboarding, and managing external research, translation, transcription, and tools vendors
About Uber Eats Design
The Uber Eats design team works across all three sides of the Eats marketplace (restaurants, couriers, and eaters) to realize our mission of eating well effortless, everyday, for everyone. We combine thoughtful design with cutting edge machine learning to help people find food they'll love. We embrace the challenge of solving complex logistical problems to create simple, beautiful delivery experiences. We work hand in glove with our restaurant partners, helping them achieve operational and culinary excellence. We reach eaters around the globe, expanding their idea of what food delivery can be, and we're just getting started.
Learn more about the Design Team and the work being done here https://www.uber.design
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.