About the Role
We're looking for an experienced Product leader to lead our efforts to build and take Uber's Payment technology to the next level. This Product team and its corresponding engineering partners will focus on meeting our regulatory and compliance requirements for Uber E-Money in EU and Money Transmission License in the States in addition to establishing the identity of the users who transact on Uber's payments platform.
What You'll Do
- Have the vision and ability to build and implement scalable systems and technologies to meet regulatory and compliance requirements in regards to Know-Your-Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money-Laundering (AML)
- Understand and leverage cutting-edge technologies to verify our user's identities including machine learning, device intelligence, image recognition and bot detection
- Analyze the build vs buy decisions between in-house development of solutions vs. utilizing local vendors
- Recruit, manage, coach and inspire a team of highly technical Product Managers. Ensure strong team dynamics, team and individual team member performance and growth
- Work effectively with multiple business programs, translate their business needs into abstract product vision and strategy, and deliver the best in class platform working with the engineering team
- Carefully select and successfully integrate vendors who can support our KYC and AML needs
- Be prepared to work with regulators and auditors to ensure Uber passes regulatory examinations, as well as devising remediation plans when needed
- Lead by example. Be incredibly truth-seeking and finger-tippy with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans, move fast, be biased toward action
What You'll Need
- A graduate degree or equivalent in computer science or a quantitative domain plus hands-on software engineering and/or data science experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal
- 10+ years experience delivering highly successful and innovative fraud, risk, compliance related products
- Have in-depth knowledge of the payment industry and its regulatory requirements
- Previous working experience with Risk and/or Compliance Ops is a big plus
- Previous working experience with regulators and auditors is a big plus
- Hands on technical background, know product and engineering team's work in depth; Get your hands dirty a lot
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away
- Worked at a company with international presence to truly understand the advantages and disadvantages of centralized vs. decentralized problem solving
- Close working relationship or leading operational teams in the past
- Deep understanding of regulatory requirements for AML, KYC, and transaction monitoring
About the Team
The overall Risk team is close to 150 people, with 50% being engineers, and the rest as Product Managers, Data Scientists, and Risk Analysts. The PM team will consist of rockstar Product Managers who work in close collaboration with both internal and external team members. The team will help build and own systems that enable a wide range of Risk controls for Fraud, Marketplace Abuse, Enterprise and Platform Risk, and Operations. These systems are comprised of numerous data pipelines that take data from event emission and ingestion all the way through processing and machine learning, decisioning at scale, and BI applications.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.