MobileIron is the secure foundation of modern work. Think of the way you work today and how important the safety of your data has become. With today’s distributed workforce, for us to stay productive, it’s imperative that we can access our devices and data safely, anytime, anywhere. MobileIron provides that peace of mind to organizations and their employees – an always-on secure and convenient access, no matter what device you use or where you are. Chosen by over 17,000 global enterprises, MobileIron is the leading standalone Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) and Unified Endpoint Management provider (UEM).
Following a 7-year leadership position in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for EMM, in 2018, MobileIron was also recognized as a leader in Gartner’s inaugural Magic Quadrant for UEM.
Are you excited about winning in cloud, security, and mobility? We are looking for passionate people to help us build the next chapter of MobileIron. Join us as we rapidly innovate to meet the needs of our growing customer base.
MobileIron Engineering Program Management team is looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager and strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and who knows how to drive a high level of focus within and across teams. This role is a hands-on Program Management yet calls for leadership aspect of PMO as well. We need someone with experience and knowledge of different SDLC and release models and best practices, has the flexibility to adapt their work style to the Product Lifecycle Process model for MobileIron and will ensure that product and feature releases are on time and maintain the high-quality bar required by MobileIron customers. The person in this role will heavily collaborate with Engineering leadership and Product Management to execute programs in accordance with the MobileIron associated processes.
What you’ll be doing…
- Manage the plan and execution of Engineering Portfolio across all product areas and help deliver the releases.
- Consistently review/revise the Engineering Processes and work with PMO / Engineering Leadership team to help improve internal release processes.
- Be a single point of contact for any escalation within Engineering PMO from program management perspective for programs, resources, portfolio or anything else related to PMO.
- Provide hands-on program management and coaching throughout product and feature design, development, testing, and release phase.
- Manage cross-team software programs from end-to-end, covering key platforms - Mac, Windows, iOS, Android
- Manage project plans to deliver against the annual product roadmap
- Facilitates Release Planning & Retrospective and drive multiple releases/projects
- Lead project scoping, project development, and project review meetings
- Clarify, prioritize, and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability
- Work closely with engineering teams to effectively coordinate complex design inter-dependencies
- Define and drive the schedule for upcoming products, creating new and improving existing processes
- Experience managing large geographically distributed development teams
- Provide timely project/portfolio status updates, risks, and issues to all stakeholders.
- Provides access to Atlassian tools and act as subject matter experts
- Bonus points if you are familiar with DevOps best practices and/or have experience managing B2B or B2C Cloud Application releases.
- Lead retrospectives to aid continuous improvement.
Who you are...
- Expert at Agile development methods: Scrum and Kanban.
- Expert user of JIRA, Confluence and other industry standard PPM/Agile tools.
- Familiarity with Mobile industry (inside Engineering Org) would be a plus.
- Excellent communication and influence skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams and a multi-cultural workforce
What you’ve done…
- 12+ years of program Management experience managing software product releases or equivalent
- Experience creating and rolling out processes
- Adept at using project management tools to track release deliverables
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Experience with Jira, Jira portfolio and Confluence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of key product release metrics
- Strong organization skills with excellent attention to detail
- BS and/or MS degree is required in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields.