Silicon Valley is famous for its visionaries.
Those who dream of what others can’t, or won’t dare to.
Those who seek out innovation where most are satisfied with the status quo.
Those who say, “What if?” instead of “Why bother?”
Since 2007, MobileIron has been the leader in mobile enterprise security.
Our mobile-centric, zero trust approach goes beyond traditional MDM, identity, and gateway solutions by validating the user, device, applications, networks, and potential threats before granting secure access to the device. We create the intersection between high-grade security, mobile, and the way people want to work — so you can free your people to be productive without limits and passwords.
The MobileIron R&D team is focused on solving complex, technical challenges around Mobile Security, IoT and Cloud. Based in Mountain View, we have a small, but growing R&D team of some of the smartest engineers in the industry. We utilize an agile development methodology, and hold QUALITY and TRUST as key tenets. Quality Engineers at MobileIron are a keystone of the technology teams with tremendous responsibilities and high visibility.
Quality Engineering at MobileIron is responsible for driving on-time, high quality releases across various deployments. In addition, this person will drive definition and evolution of QE processes and automation to optimize efficiency and quality while meeting the demands of rapid growth. The ideal candidate will have strong quality engineering experience in SaaS and agile environments
As a Senior SDET at MobileIron, you are responsible for the continuous delivery of application releases supporting mission critical services used by the world’s largest enterprises. You leverage quality engineering practices to lead innovative initiatives focused on customer experience, scalability, continuous delivery and team development. You use agile methodologies to plan, coordinate, and lead deployments of major product releases, weekly patches, and daily changes in a SaaS environment.
You are a Multiplier, and constantly look for ways to make other teams successful. You understand that the success and productivity of all scrum teams you interact with is critical to enabling continuous change. You combine customer empathy and your passion for moving fast to deliver frequent, high quality releases that benefit our customers and partners and motivate our engineers.
What you’ll be doing…
- Apply and enhance MobileIron methodologies and evangelize effective testing standards
- Optimize test cycle efficiency & add test automation into the continuous delivery pipeline
- Develop innovative library architecture to enable efficient test case automation.
- Develop test infrastructure components supports test execution, monitoring & reporting.
- Work with functional teams to identify the requirements for common libraries and put a plan in place to meet those requirements.
- Create, share and evangelize best automation practices, coding standards, design principles.
- Mentor, guide junior engineers on automation & design skills.
- Develop test scripts to automate the E2E workflows in an Agile SDLC environment
- Identify E2E scenarios that exercise operational and business work flows
- Generate professional test results, metrics and status reports (can be automated!)
- Analyze test results to ensure that the product functions per requirements
- Exceptional debugging skills and ability to identify root cause of a test failure
- Setup, configure, and maintain software test labs and test environments
- Contribute to our Test Plans with the inclusion of the System Test areas such as Stress, Reliability, Recovery, Configuration, and Performance testing
- Work closely with rest of the QE team and provide technical guidance to peer QE members as needed.
- Define and lead high-profile initiatives to improve product quality, deployment scalability and customer experience before, during and after change.
- Ensure on-time and effective delivery of high-quality, enterprise SaaS releases.
- Continuously improve quality engineering processes.
- Play a leading role in managing release readiness and success criteria based on business requirements.
- Capture and analyze quality metrics for release readiness
- Implement best practices consistent with an agile development methodology.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and remove obstacles.
- Guide the completion of root cause analysis to ensure issues do not recur.
- Manage and provide oversight for deployment of releases into production environments.
- Communicate plans and status; escalate issues as required.
Who you are...
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal. Ability to drive a meeting
- Attention to detail, particular when it comes to troubleshooting and analytics
- Ability to rapidly shift context between project oriented work and work supporting other teams
- Ability to work off-hours, on occasion, to provide support for production releases
What you’ve done…
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 6+ years Quality Engineering Experience (preferably with Java-based SaaS applications)
- 3+ years of experience in test automation [hands-on coding and design in Java], test automation frameworks
- Experience with one or more database technologies (Postgres, MySQL)
- 2+ years of experience in testing Web Services (REST preferred)
- 1+ years of experience with at least one scripting language (shell/Perl/python/jython etc.)
- Experience working with Linux based application deployments
- 2+ years of experience working with web servers and application servers
- Understanding of build systems, source code control systems, defect tracking systems and the interactions between them
- Testing tools like testrail and Jira
- Exposure to mobile operating systems specially iOS, Android and Windows (MDM, MAM and MCM is a plus)
- Experience setting and managing CI environment e.g. Jenkins