InfluxData’s presence and relevance in the market is expanding and we are looking for a Senior Manager of Events who can help amplify an energetic, exciting, and product-focused global event series.
InfluxData has established a strong presence at industry events, trade shows, and rolled out our InfluxDays user conference in San Francisco, New York and London. We are looking to add a leader to our events team to expand InfluxData’s presence and our relevance as we continue to grow.
You are a go-getter and bring passion and resourcefulness to all aspects of event management — from planning, negotiating, budgeting and marketing, to managing all logistics. You have a proven track record of flawless event execution, marketing communication,building strong relationships and project management with a strong eye for detail and branding around attendee experiences.
Based in San Francisco and reporting to the CMO, the Senior Manager of Events will be joining a fun, fast-paced and growing marketing team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Directly manage and mentor our internal team (currently one person) and manage external teams – event operations and logistics, agencies and contractors, and project deliverables
- Drive the overall strategy and execution of events
- Define and execute internal and external event awareness, supporting communications plans and associated deliverables
- Manage the event budgets and plans to exceed revenue objectives via registration goals and sponsorship sales
- Work in partnership with creative and marketing teams, PR, AR, field, and product marketing to align key objectives, brand expression, messaging and positioning
- Executive production and project management of select events including logistics, securing venues and exhibition space, travel, and development of creative concepts
What you’ll bring to the team:
- 7+ years combined corporate event and event series experience, working for at least one software technology company
- Hands-on experience in event management as well as building out successful audience acquisition programs on a global basis
- Success in managing cross-functional teams as well as third-party vendors
- Expertise in the strategic and tactical execution of 300+ attendees global events
- Demonstrable experience in driving effective marketing communications and supporting campaigns for events
- High energy, can-do personality and ability to thrive in a high-growth, dynamic environment
- Ability to travel a minimum of 30% but may increase/fluctuate based on business needs
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk!
InfluxData is the creator of the leading time series database, InfluxDB. The InfluxData platform is built on the open source projects – Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, and Kapacitor.
We’re a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
We offer fantastic benefits including:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and Commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.