When something is broken, do you want to figure out why? When you figure out why, do you explain the process to your friends?
As a Technical Support Team Lead, you'll collaborate with the developers and product teams on characterizing, reproducing, and fixing issues, add to our documentation and training materials, host webinars, and work with our open-source community on GitHub and elsewhere. You will be a key part of our 24/7 support presence, working with our on-premise customers and SaaS users.
We're looking for candidates who value continual improvement and building tools and teachings that benefit the open source development community. The Support team is a good home for people who leave things better than they found them. We are people who say "I'll learn!" rather than "I don't know." You'll need to be open to experimenting, which means that sometimes you will fail. (That's okay -- every mistake is also a lesson.) You will be working closely with the whole company and all of our customers, so you'll need to be empathic, supportive, and self-aware.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Support a global customer base via ticketing system, GitHub, community, or email
- Demonstrate ownership, follow-through with customers and drive issues to resolution
- Reproduce customer issues and test new product functionality
- Update and extend documentation and training materials
- Participate in on-call rotation for the SaaS product with rest of the team
- Ensure quality of case handling, paying particular attention to communications, timely responses and specific care for sensitive customers
- Collaborate with internal teams (Engineering, Product Management, Pre-Sales, Sales) on trending customer issues and ensuring external communications are accurate and clear
- Actively monitor triggers for possible escalating situations in order to prevent potential escalations
- Perform technical queue reviews and mentor team members
What You’ll Bring To The Team :
- Experience in a customer-facing position and empathy for people facing technical challenges
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- 4+ years of technical work experience: support, development, engineering, etc.
- 2+ years in the capacity of a Technical Lead preferred
- Profound knowledge in database concepts, database clustering, HA services, load balancing, automation, monitoring, configuration management and queuing (Kafka, Rabbit MQ, TIBCO, MQ Series, etc.), and knowledge of Networking and HTTP(S)d
- Significant experience in Linux-based application hosting environments; administration experience a plus
- DevOps experience, particularly AWS Core technologies or other cloud offerings
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes in a production environment.
- Familiarity with automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet; system monitoring tools and practices (Nagios, Zabbix, Zenoss, Sensu, etc.); and awareness of at least one scripting language (Ruby, Python, Bash, etc.)
- Software development experience, particularly Golang is a plus
- Git or other version control systems experience
- Experience working with APIs
Nice to have(s):
- Documentation or tech writing experience
- Professional Services or Training experience
- Experience with time-series data tools
Come join our growing support team to level up on cutting-edge technology, Golang, Open Source community management, SaaS operations, and to collaborate with our wide range of customers and partners!
InfluxData is the creator of the leading time series database, InfluxDB. The InfluxData platform is built on the open source projects – Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, and Kapacitor.
We’re a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.