About the Role
The International Tax Manager will assist the International Tax Sr. Manager in planning and implementing tax structures that meet the company's objectives. In addition to supporting the International Tax Sr. Manager, the role will work closely with Transfer Pricing, Tax Controversy, Tax Counsel and other professionals within the Tax Strategy Team.
What You'll Do
- Perform legal research and develop alternative structures to address unique tax concerns
- Maintain communication with Sr. Manager, International Tax and regional tax leads (e.g., APAC or LatAm) to manage US tax and transfer pricing issues associated with regional activity, and ensure that regional tax projects are consistent with global tax strategy
- Review proposed changes to the business for direct and indirect tax implications, and identify areas where additional tax input is required
- Identify and perform legal research regarding tax planning ideas that support the business and global tax strategy
- Assist with the review of contracts and collaborate with Legal to ensure contracts contain key terms consistent with global tax structure
- Make recommendations regarding use of external advisors, and manage those advisors
- Effectively communicate tax concepts, tax planning structures, and tax risks to the business
- Responsible for legal memoranda documenting tax positions globally
- Train, mentor and develop the local tax team and, where appropriate, assist in recruiting additional members of the team
What You'll Need
- A minimum of 6 years of international tax experience in law firm, Big 4, or industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative thinking to solve novel tax issues while supporting the business
- The ability to operate independently, make decisions and thrive on execution
- Ability to train and motivate team members, and to work cooperatively across tax and numerous other stakeholders
- Understanding of tax law and risk environment, and the ability to effectively communicate tax alternatives and tax risks
- The ability to effectively manage advisors to ensure Uber gets the best advice possible while staying within budget.
About the Team
This role will work with the SF-based Tax Strategy team and with Tax Professionals around the world to resolve unique global tax issues. The Tax Strategy Team has professionals focused on Tax Controversy, Tax Planning, Transfer Pricing, M&A, Tax Counsel and other areas.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.