About the Role
The Manager, Financial Risk Management will be focused on coordinating and building a world class financial risk management program, through the strategic design and implementation of a financial controls program to respond to risk across products at Uber. The successful applicant will work closely with product teams and business process owners, Uber's Internal Audit team and external auditors to manage financial risk by facilitating an effective and efficient control environment.
What You'll Do
- Build and maintain relationships across Finance and the wider business, Internal Audit, external audit and other external stakeholders to drive effective financial risk management,.
- Understand and manage emerging risks through early detection and adopt preventative measures to manage them.
- Formulate responses and strategies to respond to changes to the business environment, such as; new product introduction, changes in accounting standards, internal process changes or reorganization
- Work with FinTech and process owners to improve efficiency of control environment through implementation of automation or process improvement
- Bridge gaps between IT controls and business controls, including ITGC's. Work with IA to ensure complete control environment is managed
- Work with emerging business lines to understand risk profile and ensure an appropriate control environment is established
- Coordinate and review the completion of compliance activities such as; narrative and flowchart development, risk assessments, control rationalization, management controls testing
- Provide control related support and training for the team to help mitigate financial risk through fostering an effective controls environment.
- Implement new process and controls in response to changes to the business environment, such as; new product introduction, changes in accounting standards, internal process changes or reorganization.
- Manage a small team to execute control implementation programs and monitoring activities. Setting project plans and holding directs/stakeholders accountable for delivery
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree (Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred)
- 6+ years of audit (internal or external), controls, compliance or risk management experience
- Strong organization skills with an ability to plan and perform multiple tasks
- Ability to analyze complex processes to identify potential financial, operational, systems and compliance risks across major finance cycles
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form across a wide array of internal and external stakeholders, including senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects concurrently, including managing a team.
- Ability to thrive in environments of uncertainty
- Big 4 accounting firm and/or internet/ technology industry experience
- Demonstrated project management experience (PM certification a plus)
- Experience managing, monitoring and remediating deficient financial controls
- Process management experience, including process redesign and optimization
- Working technical knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, SOX requirements, including PCAOB Auditing Standard No. 5
- Experience with Oracle R12 or another large scale ERP
About the Team
Financial Risk Management is the team responsible for understanding, analyzing and responding to risk events within the finance function. It's mandate is to partner with the business to proactively manage risk and maintain an effective and efficient control environment over financial risks. Whenever change occurs, there is risk; in order to respond to the ever-changing nature of Uber a focus on risk is required to ensure we are compliant with statutory requirements and understand the impact of risk and use it to perform informed decision making.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.