About the Role
Uber is making a huge investment in financial products globally to provide secure and easy access to financing for users of the platform including stored value products, wallets, remittance products and lending products. Building a robust infrastructure between our platform and the various financial partners within the Payments ecosystem is critical to Uber's success in offering such products. This role is the chance to build from the ground up Uber's financial products financial and accounting infrastructure including process and controls to support the financial products globally.
What You'll Do
- In cooperation with Product, Finance Technology and Finance Operations, design and implement a robust infrastructure between Uber's platform and the various financial partners (e.g. card networks, banks, PSPs etc.) for the products and services (e.g. stored value, open/close e-wallets, remittance, lending) to enable the appropriate accounting of transactions from initiation to settlement
- Design and implement an effective back-office accounting operations team to ensure accurate, timely and complete reporting of all cash flows end to end including segregation of funds, reconciliations at various hand-off points and internal/external reporting
- Apply the appropriate USGAAP framework (e.g. ASC 606, 310, 405, 820 etc) and perform technical accounting analysis including documentation, of the products and services offered
- Find the right balance between managing robust systems and controls, with enabling business goals
- Work closely with legal, regulatory, and corporate governance groups to ensure process and controls are in compliance (e.g. AML. KYC etc)
- Design and implement operational metrics to measure status of cashflow, funding and compliance
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 12+ years of experience with financial services
- Experience with Oracle or another large scale ERP is preferred
- Experience with back office operations based on user funds account subledger, PSPs, banks
- Great teammate, you have the ability to work independently and willingness to take on challenges
- Ability to interact with all departments and levels throughout our organization
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
About the Team
Uber is substantially increasing its investment in payment and financial products with the support of its executive leadership, Financial services is becoming its own pillar within Uber's long term strategy. A new head of payment product joined Uber recently and is building large teams to build new financial products, including stored value products, wallets, remittance products and lending products. The company is taking things to a whole new level, building new products and becoming regulated in multiple markets.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.