We are looking to hire a Senior Auditor within Internal Audit. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of performing audits and partnering with stakeholders to develop efficient and well-controlled processes across the enterprise. This role is based in San Francisco and will report into the Compliance Internal Audit Director.
What You'll Do
- Understand the businesses you are auditing including associated processes, systems, and regulatory requirements.
- Manage and facilitate our third party contractual audits for our regulatory obligations.
- Work cross functionally with operations, data science and legal teams in pursuit of improving operational excellence in our compliance processes.
- Execute audits of processes in support of a healthy internal controls environment.
- Execute ad hoc projects outside of compliance audits, such as readiness reviews, due diligence reviews, assessments etc.
- Prepare findings and recommendations and support communication to the executive team. Also, actively monitor audit related remediation and management action plans.
- Influence and champion operational efficiency and a well controlled environment.
- Analyze how new technical literature (including emerging trends and new or changing regulations) impact our business and regulatory risk landscape.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Accounting or law related field, or Finance preferred.
- Professional certification in 1 or more of the following preferred: CPA, CIA, or other risk management or relevant certification
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 25 percent)
- At least 3-5 years in a related role, preferably in compliance, risk management, and/or audit roles.
- Ability to analyze complex processes to identify potential financial, operational, systems and compliance risks.
- Knowledge of business and IT processes and how they intersect with financial transactions.
- Must be able to complete assignments on a timely basis within budget and deadline.
- Excellent data analytical skills, including SQL experience.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, custom attestation and agreed upon procedures, PCAOB auditing standards, IIA standards and audit processes and procedures, a plus.
- Working technical knowledge of major Consumer protection laws and regulations a plus
- Public accounting and/or start-up experience, a plus.
About the Team
Extremely collaborative, with an intense curiousity and understanding of the ins and outs of our processes while seeking to mitigate any risk. Sharp and motivated, with a passion to shape the strategic direction of Uber to reinvent transportation.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.