About the Role
The Sr. Program Manager, Tech will be responsible for driving strategic direction for continuous GRC process improvements across the Uber enterprise; which will include Issues, Risks, Controls, Exception and Policy management components under our GRC framework. Your primary focus will be multiple GRC programs requiring cross-functional alignment; including coordination of the executive steering committee. The PgM acts as a bridge and a connector for the business and engineering, always ensuring that the needs of our customers are front of mind. You break through communication issues and effectively develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization. The right candidate will have the experience to leverage data to help drive business decisions. You build trust across the organization. You are expected to act with empathy and a high level of emotional intelligence.
What You'll Do
- Work in partnership with the various internal teams to drive the overall strategy and direction for cross-functional compliance programs
- Define and drive the long term roadmap of compliance within IT Engineering, involving multiple teams through all phases of planning, implementation, operational readiness, and support.
- Develop the overall project plans and program roadmap; driving alignment across scope, success criteria, key milestones and deliverables.
- Execute formal formal risk assessments of projects, initiatives, technologies and processes
- Prioritize efforts and identify and manage risks and dependencies of the program and organize milestones for efficient execution.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of reports, updates, and correspondence regarding program activities and deliverables.
What You'll Need
- Minimum of 5+ years experience as a Program Manager with working knowledge of risk and compliance frameworks.
- Experience with global scale phased GRC implementations, from Proof of Concept to Enterprise-wide go-liveExperience working within a high pace startup environment.
- Experience with internal and/or external audits, providing key material and findings while representing internal engineering teams.
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks. Engineers enjoy working closely with you.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence. Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, without losing sight of highest priority items.
- Strong technical, analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive decisions.
- Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively.
Bonus Points If
- Working knowledge in managing programs/activities that support one or more of the following compliance efforts: GDPR, Sarbanes Oxley 404, ISO 27001, PCI, or FTC Consent
- Experience with implementing regulatory change management
- You have implemented compliance processes and controls within an pre-IPO to IPO company.
- You have worked with internal and/or external auditors to provide key material and findings while representing internal engineering teams.
- You have implemented compliance controls within an corporate IT environment.
About the Team
The Uber IT Engineering Team is seeking to expand the existing project execution capabilities with a self-motivated, innovative, and detail oriented Sr. Program Manager (PgM). As the Sr. PgM for Enterprise Governance, Risk and Compliance, you will play a critical role executing high-impact, enterprise wide initiatives and continuously improving processes to increase the effectiveness of our services, products and compliance processes.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.