ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking to hire a Senior Technical Accountant who will work with the Revenue Team to analyze, research, and conclude upon the accounting treatment for revenue related transactions. This challenging role requires an individual who thrives in a fast paced environment who has the willingness to roll up their sleeves and get it done.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Analyze and research revenue accounting matters; provide accurate and comprehensive documentation of issues identified and resolutions proposed. Work closely with the Revenue Manager and Controller to develop and document accounting conclusions and associated accounting policy
- Develop technical analyses for the revenue operations team; reevaluate key assumptions on an as needed basis. Support the group in developing new financial schedules and management reporting
- Assist in defining global revenue processes; work cross functionally with finance and accounting, legal, engineering and various business owners on a variety of projects
- Analyze and support new business initiatives; determine associated accounting treatment, and communicate financial statement impact to senior management
- Participate in and help lead critical accounting projects including audit readiness and management reporting
- Draft and maintain global accounting policies and memos
- Review sales arrangements to ensure proper recognition in accordance with relevant accounting guidance
- Mentor, teach and review the work of other supporting members of the accounting team
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years professional experience required, preferably within the technology industry
- Public accounting background at a Big 4 firm required.
- Extensive knowledge of revenue recognition under US GAAP required.
- Experience with ASC 606 Implementation a plus
- Experience in performing technical revenue research. Experience researching Gross vs. Net, Sales Incentives, Gift Cards, credit card programs, and Multiple Element Arrangements preferred
- Experience working in a big data environment, with excel models or schedules preferred
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask required
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment a plus
- Experience auditing, implementing or operating in a SOX effective environment required
- CPA preferred
ABOUT THE TEAM
We build scalable & controlled processes and help implement accounting systems and automation for our Global Accounting function.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.