About the Role
In this role you'll lead financial planning and forecasting across our dynamic businesses and functions to empower decision makers at the highest levels. We'll look to you to identify risks and opportunities, develop our models and tools, drive process improvements, and craft Uber's forward looking narrative.
What You'll Do
- Coordinate and streamline our global rolling, long range, and annual planning and forecasting cycles
- Own the company model and drive forecast accuracy, visibility, and quality improvements across financial statements
- Build trusted relationships and support/engage business unit finance teams, as well as corporate functions such as Treasury, Investor Relations, and Tax
- Grow and develop your team while partnering across Strategic Finance to add to our team norms, mission, career paths, and goals
- Help us scale / transition from startup to enterprise. Part of this is maturing our planning processes, part is ensuring finance best practices spread through the organization
- Innovate: We will push the boundaries beyond traditional forecasting. Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets
- Special projects: New initiatives always come up. Be prepared to engage in ad-hoc financial analysis and drive cross functional initiatives the request of senior leadership
What You'll Need
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics
- A minimum of 10 years in Corporate Finance, Banking, FP&A but we will consider other candidates if they meet the rest of the requirements
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Systems - working knowledge of enterprise-level financial planning and reporting systems
Bonus Points If
- MBA, CFA or CPA
- Technology or Marketplace experience
What You'll Need
- 10 Minimum Years of Experience with Financial Planning and Reporting Systems
About the Team
As our company continues to expand rapidly, the Strategic Finance team is doing the same. We are building a finance team of leaders to pursue the challenges of efficiently scaling our dynamic, global business.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.