About the Role
Driver onboarding process is the most complicated funnel at Uber. It is extremely local -- with over 7,000 different configurations globally. It is also extremely complex due to regulatory compliance and safety requirements. Our efforts adhere to and enforce the standards of municipalities in which we operate. We also validate identity of driver partners to ensure they are who they say they are.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our team, based in San Francisco. This is a unique hybrid role that combines platform and consumer facing product features.
First, you will be responsible for building onboarding platform and ecosystem in a scalable way. Driver Access Platform needs to scale to power the entire portfolio of Uber services, such as Eats and Freight. We expect Product Managers to be business savvy, customer-focused, and data-oriented -- they must be able to partner closely with Engineering, Design and Data Science to set and execute on a vision and strategy that meets the needs of our customers (internal and external) and the business.
In addition, you will also have an opportunity to define a vision for one of the most important initiatives for our team -- leveraging power of Uber platform to unlock multiple earning opportunities for our partners. What if we onboard an individual partner and then match them with opportunities that better fit their needs and interests? Whether it's delivering food on bike one day, and then driving people using rental car another. Our team sees itself as responsible for inventing the future of work - work done freely, work without a boss, work that's always there when you need it. You will need to create an extensible platform that simplifies this process while creating a delightful experience for people across all our product lines.
What You'll Do
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategies.
- Shape and own objectives, KPIs and roadmap for Uber's Driver Access platform.
- Build a truly scalable ecosystem that unlocks company-wide innovation and flexible onboarding for all Uber product lines.
- Lead and inspire a high-performing cross-functional team across Product, Engineering, Design, Data and Operations.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking and finger-tippy with data. Set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively. Funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans. Move fast, be biased toward action.
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from internal partners to all Uber employees.
What You'll Need
- ~5 years of Product Management Experience delivering highly successful and innovative consumer products with your fingerprints all over them.
- An affinity for data driven decisions and business analytics with experience in A/B testing and experimentation.
- Proven ability to develop deep customer empathy and articulate customer problems.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with a hardworking team of engineers and designers.
- Proven track record of shipping product features that deliver results.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills with a confirmed ability to influence partners.
- Passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature.
- Grit: you never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- BS in science, engineering, or equivalent technical and analytical acumen.
- Bonus: MBA or equivalent
- Bonus: experience launching products at the international scale with millions of concurrent, discerning users.
About the Team
Driver Access team's mission is to responsibly grow the world's largest flexible workforce to power Uber's portfolio of services and support the livelihood of millions. Our team helps nearly 4 million people around the world who each day choose to drive on the Uber platform. Drivers are our most important partners -- the oxygen that powers Uber. Providing them with a world-class product is of the utmost importance to our company's success and is, in many ways, the most globally impactful part of our work.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.