About the Role
As a Product Manager for the Marketplace Platform team, you will be responsible for the strategy and development of the core logistics and fulfillment platform to accelerate Uber's mission. You will work with all of Uber's marketplaces and products, deeply understand the current and future use-cases, and help build a strategy and roadmap. This is a highly ambitious undertaking as we get to build the core transportation grid for the entire world, and move millions of people reliably around the world, every single day.
This role demands a strong understanding for web-scale platforms, modularity, and extensibility to enable multiple groups to build great products. Product at Uber requires a passion for the customer, great technical depth, principled thinking, well-honed product judgment, a stubborn refusal to settle, bold innovation, and a high design bar.
What You'll Do
- Lead product and delivery of the core software services for Uber's trip fulfillment engine.
- Work closely with product teams across Uber to continually identify use-cases, and anticipate the needs and evolution of the core trip services
- Distill vision and strategy for the team, get all members of cross-functional team.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction. Solicit and welcome critical feedback.
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap) and design of entirely new Uber products and product features to deliver against team and company goals.
- Requires challenging all members of cross-functional team (engineering, design, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
- Drive definition of and execution against product go-to-market plan, including phasing and marketing.
- Make tradeoff decisions based on technical and business insights and experimentation
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed insights back into product development process to drive growth
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from internal stakeholders to Uber executives, employees to riders.
What You'll Need
- A computer science undergraduate degree or other engineering degree equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years Product Management experience delivering
- Data-driven decision making ability.
- A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
- High standards across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on. At the same time, a highly collaborative nature.
- Grittiness: You don't hesitate to take initiative and address something hands-on, you persevere when others give up.
- Passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A deep desire to grow and learn.
About the Team
Marketplace Platform's mission is to provide a reliable, performant, and extensible fulfillment engine for Uber. The team provides the foundational core services and business models to enable transportation of people & things from origin to destination. This is modeled as a marketplace of demand (the side of the marketplace that requests trips, like riders, eats orders) and supply (the side that fulfills those requests, like drivers, bikes, public transit, external supply provider, etc).
We are currently building the next generation of the fulfillment engine to support Uber's transition from a ridesharing platform to a true multi-modal transportation platform powering every mode of transport, _such as cars, bikes, scooters, and other modes to come,_ in every city that we operate in. Some of the key technology challenges involve defining the end to end logistics flows across Uber's marketplaces, building extensible building blocks that can be leveraged by all Uber product teams, building high-performance & reliable core services, and scaling the entire platform for efficiency.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.