About the Role
ATG's goal is to provide self-driving vehicles that propel network growth and efficiency. One strategic pillar of that goal rests on the Product Manager for Partner Experience, who will be building a marketplace, introducing other companies' Self Driving Vehicles to the Uber network, and thus enabling us to quickly scale the volume and portfolio of self-driving supply across Uber's markets.
As the Product Manager for Partner Experience within the Uber Advanced Technology Group, you will work with the design, engineering, and UX research teams to build and share the tools, requirements, and processes to safely, smoothly, and swiftly integrate, test, and launch third-party self-driving supply onto the Uber network.
What You'll Do (role specific bullet points)
- Lead creation and alignment of compelling product vision for defining overall partner experience for third party self-driving vehicles. This includes product definition for:
- Minimal acceptance criteria for third party partners
- Web portal for partners
- Developer tooling within the partner portal
- Dashboard for Tracking & Overall Performance
- Customer support and issue resolution
- Manage product development roadmap with engineering, business development, strategy teams in alignment with upcoming partnership product milestones
- Manage product development roadmap with engineering team in alignment with go to market car product milestones
- Coordinate closely with other Product team members (internal and external) to ensure a seamless experience across rider experience touchpoints
- Drive prioritization and decision making informed by product strategy and engineering
- Maintain deep understanding of Uber rider experience & necessary touch points with self-driving partner experience features
- Collaborate closely with design and research to ensure our products that are always well designed with the end-user in mind
- Build user stories and other communications tools to help bring our initial product to life and inform work done by design, communications, and policy
What You'll Need
Self starter, but a team player
- Takes initiative to explore the product area and uncover user/customer insights
- Demonstrates personal excellence with empathy, authenticity, inclusivity, trust, and fairness in others
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to think outside of the box - we're building technology for a world that doesn't exist yet
User insight & communicating vision
- User-focused - you are passionate about always making the user experience positive and relentlessly seek to solve any product challenges that impact users negatively
- Be deeply truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction, whether in qualitative or quantitative form
- Ability to clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results to a spectrum of audiences
- You demonstrate the ability to adapt with resilience and humility
- You solicit and embrace critical feedback
- You believe that you can and will be constantly improving your product management skills and abilities
- Competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions
- Regularly drives clear direction for engineering execution
- Technical skills, you have an interest in understanding how things work and the effect on the finished product
- Computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience
About the Team
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
Self-driving vehicles have the potential to make our roads safer, more connected, and less congested. At Uber ATG, we are building the technologies, teams, and products to bring these benefits to the world. This is a ground-zero opportunity to usher in a fundamental paradigm shift in transportation and technology, to solve really hard problems, and to experience explosive professional growth with the smartest minds in the industry. We hope you're as excited about it as we are.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.